6th SUNFLOWER Workshop
Oslo, 11-15th September 2017
Following previous workshops at RIKEN, the TU Darmstadt, The University of Tokyo, Osaka University, and The University of Hong Kong we would like to announce the 6th SUNFLOWER workshops to be hosted at The University of Oslo, Norway on September 11-15, 2017. The meeting's main purpose is to discuss the status of performed experiments and future physics opportunities for in-beam gamma-ray spectroscopy at the Radioactive Isotope Beam Factory (RIBF) of the RIKEN Nishina Center.
The objectives for the SUNFLOWER workshop include:
- Status report on past in-beam gamma-ray experiments at the RIBF,
- Data analysis of 3rd SEASTAR campaign and other experiments,
- Physics proposals and ideas for near future experiments,
- Plans for future high-resolution gamma arrays for experiments at the RIBF.
The intended workshop format will be presentations and discussions on the first two days, followed by three days dedicated to data analysis, as in previous SEASTAR workshops.
Proponents intending to submit a SUNFLOWER proposal to the next RIBF Nuclear Physics Program Advisory Committee, held this December, are encouraged to attend the workshop and present their proposal. If you would like to give a presentation during the SUNFLOWER workshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org until August 31st.
A few useful links for SUNFLOWER proposals can be found below.
Looking forward to seeing you at The University of Oslo.
With best regards,
Pieter Doornenbal, Alexandre Obertelli, Eda Sahin
- Detailed information on the SUNFLOWER collaboration and its detector systems:
- Becoming a member of the SUNFLOWER collaboration:
- A description of the BigRIPS fragment separator:
- Achieved primary beam intensities at the RIBF:
- Registration to the RIBF Users Group: