Get access to network and computers
Assuming that your home institution is a member of the Eduroam network, you can get access to the Internet from your laptop by logging on to Eduroam as email@example.com. If you are not a member, any UiO employee can grant you access to the Eduroam network.
Access to desktop computers and UiO services, however, requires a UiO username and a corresponding password. (Even if you already have these, you still need to have your account registered for use at the Physics Department.) Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "User account" and provide the following information:
- a statement that you agree to abide by the IT regulations at UiO
- full name (all names, don't abbreviate, don't replace any norwegian characters)
- date of birth (on the format shown in this example date: 23 April 1989)
- unless you have handed in a work contract or otherwise already have been registered at UiO, we need to know your norwegian person ID (which you must never send in email) and nationality. If you don't have a norwegian person ID we need your passport number and nationality. (We are not always notified about your arrival, so it's a good idea to notify us even if you handed in a work contract etc.)
- email address where we can contact you
- mobile phone number where we can contact you (can be international)
- name of contact person at our department (we will contact this person)
- end date of access (possible to extend later)
If you receive a new password from us you are required to change it at http://passord.uio.no before the next day
IMPORTANT: It is prohibited by us and you to send the following information in email: password, personnummer. In some cases you will need to show up in person.
WARNING: In case we create a brief-visit account (guestXXX) for you, notice that it will automatically close after 28 days. There will be no warning. Files in that account will be difficult to retrieve.
If you are a student or employee at UiO, please notice this service: