I am a physicist working as Head Engineer in the Center for Computing in Science Education [CCSE]. I am passionate about working with software development, data analysis, and Machine Learning.
My job at CCSE is to help researchers who need technical help in their projects. Get in touch with me if you have any project that need my technical skills, in particular:
- Machine Learning
- Software Development
- Web Development (Front-end, Back-end)
- Data Analysis and Modeling
- Probability and statistics
- Database management
- Server Administration
Education and Professional Experience
CCSE UiO, Oslo, Norway. December 2018 - Present
Scientific software development and research support
Support Specialist - Business Intelligence and Analytics
InterSystems Co, Cambridge, MA, USA. May 2014 - Aug 2018.
Provide technical support for InterSystems’ Business Intelligence platform DeepSee
Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands. Sep 2011 - Jun 2013.
Investigated the molecular electronic processes in organic semiconductors by modeling spectroscopic data
- PhD in Biophysics of Photosynthesis
Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Apr 2005 - Jun 2012.
Researched the transport of light energy in plant and algal photosynthesis
- BSc in Physics, MSc in Applied Physics
University of Padova, Italy. Sep 1999 - Nov 2005.
Bachelor and Master in Physics at University of Padova. Master thesis in Biophysics of the cochlea at Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Bachelor of Music, Piano.
Conservatory of Music Benedetto Marcello, Venice, Italy. Sep 2001 - Jun 2004.
3 years piano, 1 year composition
I like being involved in social activities such as playing board games at local meetups. I enjoy art house cinema, a variety of music genres, traveling, art, and culture. I am passionate about technology (machine learning, software development), zero waste, and ecology. I am strongly motivated to become fluent in Norwegian so you are very welcome to speak Norwegian with me.
- Odden TOB, Marin A, Rudolf JL. How has Science Education changed over the last 100 years? An analysis using Natural Language Processing Science Education, submitted, 2021. Link
- Odden TOB, Marin A, Caballero MD. Thematic Analysis of 18 Years of PERC Proceedings using Natural Language Processing. Physical Review Physics Education Research, 2020. Link
- Marieke LK, Fagny M, Marin A, Quackenbush J, Glass K. PUMA: PANDA Using MicroRNA Associations. Bioinformatics, 2020. Link
- Marin A, van Stokkum IH, Novoderezhkin VI, van Grondelle R. Excitation-induced polarization decay in the plant light-harvesting complex LHCII. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology, A: Chemistry, 2012, 234:91-99. Link
- Marin A, Doust AB, Scholes GD, Wilk KE, Curmi PMG, van Stokkum IHM, van Grondelle R. Flow of excitation energy in the cryptophyte light-harvesting antenna phycocyanin 645. Biophysical Journal, 2011, 101:1004-1013. Link
- Novoderezhkin VI, Marin A, van Grondelle R. Intra- and inter-monomeric transfers in the light harvesting LHCII complex: the Redfield-Frster picture. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2011, 13(38):17093-103. Link
- Marin A, Passarini F, van Stokkum IH, Croce R, van Grondelle R. Minor complexes at work: light-harvesting by Carotenoids in the Photosystem II antenna complexes CP24 and CP26 Biophysical Journal, 2011, 100(11):2829-2838. Link
- Gall A, Berera R, Alexandre MTA, Pascal AA, Bordes L, Mendes-Pinto MM, Andrianambinintso S, Stoitchkova KV, Marin A, Valkunas L, Horton P, Kennis JTM, van Grondelle R, Ruban A, Robert B. Molecular adaptation of photoprotection: Triplet states in light-harvesting proteins Biophysical Journal, 2011, 101(4):934-942. Link
- Marin A, Passarini F, Croce R, van Grondelle R. The energy transfer pathways in the CP24 and CP26 antenna complexes of higher plant Photosystem II. A comparative study. Biophysical Journal, 2010, 99:4056-4065. Link
- Boutet de Monvel J, Marin A, Jacob S, Tomo I, von Tiedemann M, Fridberger A, Ulfendahl M, Steele CR. From cochlear kinematics to cochlear mechanics: matching model to experiments Otol Jpn, 2007, 16(2):76-84. Link