My Research ....
... spans a wide range of interests in planetary mineralogy, going from the supercritical state that dominated the early stages of the condensation of the protolunar disk all the way to the deep interior of the Earth and super-Earths, passing through planetary surfaces and mineral identification based on vibrational spectroscopy. My preferred tools are computational, as density-functional theory, lattice dynamics, and molecular-dynamics.
- Caracas, Razvan; Hirose, Kei; Nomura, Ryuichi & Ballmer, Maxim D. (2019). Melt–crystal density crossover in a deep magma ocean. Earth and Planetary Science Letters. ISSN 0012-821X. 516, s 202- 211 . doi: 10.1016/j.epsl.2019.03.031
- Martin, A; Torrent, M & Caracas, Razvan (2019). Projector augmented-wave formulation of response to strain and electric-field perturbation within density functional perturbation theory. Phys. Rev. B 99, 094112.. Physical review B (PRB). ISSN 2469-9950. 99(9) . doi: 10.1103/PhysRevB.99.094112
- Solomatova, NV & Caracas, Razvan (2019). Pressure‐induced coordination changes in a pyrolitic silicate melt from ab initio molecular dynamics simulations. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Solid Earth. ISSN 2169-9313. 124(11), s 11232- 11250 . doi: 10.1029/2019JB018238
- Solomatova, NV; Caracas, Razvan & Manning, CE (2019). Carbon sequestration during core formation implied by complex carbon polymerization.. Nature Communications. ISSN 2041-1723. 10 . doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-08742-9
- Caracas, Razvan; Solomatova, NV & Trønnes, Reidar G (2019). Caracas R, Solomatova, NV, Tronnes, RG, 2019: Buoyancy of dry and volatile-bearing silicate melts in the Earth’s mantle. AGU Fall Meeting Abstr. DI33C-0052.. AGU Fall Meeting Abstr..