Dougal Alexander Jerram
See also Jerram's website: www.dougalearth.com
Volcanic Margins, Stratigraphy, Petrology, Volcanology and Sedimentology, image analysis, field geology. Has published numerous articles for popular earth science and peer reviewed scientific journals, 2 books, blogs for the ‘Huffington Post’, and is highly experienced in public speaking with many invited talks about Science research and Science outreach activities.
In the ‘Earth Crisis’ group CEED, Dougal brings experience from a variety of locations including; North Atlantic, South Atlantic (Paranã-Etendeka/Karoo), Antarctica, India, Ethiopia, Siberia, China, USA/Canada Australia. Additionally Dougal has published extensively leading the way with our understanding of volcanic facies in rifted margins and flood basalt provinces.
Science Outreach and Popular Science Entertainment, appearing as Dr Volcano on the BBC’s ONE show, filming with Tony Robinson (aka Baldrick from Black Adder) on a series entitled ‘The Birth of Britain’ (National Geographic/Channel 4) and also presenting ‘The Hottest Place on Earth’ with Kate Humble (BBC1), where he was seen being lowered into the fiery furnace of one of the worlds most active volcanoes. Media experience includes - On screen expert for TV programs (BBC, National Geographic, Discovery, History channel, Channel 4, BBC worldwide). LIVE work on TV, Radio (including BBC, SKY, ITV, national and international radio).
- Svensen, Henrik; Torsvik, Trond Helge; Callegaro, Sara; Augland, Lars Eivind; Heimdal, Thea Hatlen; Jerram, Dougal Alexander; Planke, Sverre & Pereira, Egberto (2018). Gondwana LIPs: Plate reconstructions, volcanic basins and sill volumes. In: Large Igneous Provinces from Gondwana and Adjacent Regions. Geological Society Special Publication. ISSN 0305-8719. 463, s 17- 40 . doi: 10.1144/SP463.7
- van Wyk de Vries, Ben; Byrne, Paul; Delcamp, Audray; Einarson, Pall; Göğüş, Oğuz; Guilbaud, Marie-Noelle; Hagos, Miruts; Harangi, Szabolcs; Jerram, Dougal Alexander; Matenco, Liviu; Mossoux, Sophie; Nemeth, Karoly; Maghsoudi, Mehran; Petronis, Michael; Rapprich, Vladislav; Rose, William & Vye, Erika (2018). A global framework for the Earth: Putting geological sciences in context.. Global and Planetary Change. ISSN 0921-8181. . doi: 10.1016/j.gloplacha.2017.12.019 Show summary
- Angkasa, Syahreza Saidina; Jerram, Dougal Alexander; Millett, John M; Svensen, Henrik; Planke, Sverre; Taylor, Ross A; Schofield, Nick & Howell, John (2017). Mafic intrusions, hydrothermal venting and the basalt-sediment transition: Linking onshore and offshore examples from the north atlantic igneous province. Interpretation. ISSN 2324-8858. 5(3) . doi: 10.1190/int-2016-0162.1 Full text in Research Archive.
- Corseri, Romain; Senger, Kim; Selway, Katherine; Abdelmalak, Mohamed Mansour; Planke, Sverre & Jerram, Dougal Alexander (2017). Magnetotelluric evidence for massive sulphide mineralization in intruded sediments of the outer Vøring Basin, mid-Norway. Tectonophysics. ISSN 0040-1951. 706-707, s 196- 205 . doi: 10.1016/j.tecto.2017.04.011 Full text in Research Archive.
- Grove, Clayton; Jerram, Dougal Alexander; Gluyas, Jon & Brown, Richard (2017). Sandstone Diagenesis in Sediment–lava Sequences: Exceptional Examples of Volcanically Driven Diagenetic Compartmentalization in Dune Valley, Huab Outliers, NW Namibia.. Journal of Sedimentary Research. ISSN 1527-1404. 87(12), s 1314- 1335 . doi: 10.2110/jsr.2017.75 Show summary
- Hafeez, Amer; Planke, Sverre; Jerram, Dougal Alexander; Millett, John M; Maharjan, Dwarika & Prestvik, Tore (2017). Upper paleocene ultramafic igneous rocks offshore mid-Norway: Re-interpretation of the vestbrona formation as a sill complex. Interpretation. ISSN 2324-8858. 5(3), s SK103- SK120 . doi: 10.1190/int-2016-0143.1 Full text in Research Archive.
- Jerram, Dougal Alexander (2018, 05. mai). BBC World News/BBC News 24; interview about Hawaii Volcanic event.. [TV]. BBC Offices, Birmingham UK.
- Burchardt, Steffi; Palma, Octavio; Galland, Olivier; Mair, Karen & Jerram, Dougal Alexander (2017). Syn-emplacement deformation of the Cerro Bayo laccolith, Argentina.
- Eide, Christian Haug; Schofield, Nick; Jerram, Dougal Alexander & Howell, John Anthony (2017). Basin-scale architecture of deeply emplaced sill complexes.
- Jerram, Dougal Alexander (2017, 27. mars). Volcano expert explains why Mount Etna blast happened. CBBC Newsround Interview. [TV]. http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/39302289.