Henrik Hovland Svensen
Research interests circle around metamorphic, volcanic, and fluid flow processes in sedimentary basins, and its implications for movement of fluids and gases between different reservoirs. Of particular interest is the link between Large igneous provinces, geological processes and environmental changes. Ongoing research projects:
- Formation of hydrothermal vent complexes and degassing pipes in the Karoo Basin, South Africa.
- Gas venting, global climate changes and mass extinctions, with emphasis on the PETM, the Toarcian, the end-Permian, and the Triassic-Jurassic.
- End-Permian phreatomagmatism and crater processes in East Siberia, Russia.
- Contact metamorphism of shale and geochemistry of aureoles in the Karoo Basin, with an emphasis on light elements.
- Sill emplacement, vent formation and contact metamorphism in the Vøring Basin offshore Norway.
- GEO1100 – Evolution of the Earth
- GEO4012 – Scientific Writing and Presentation
- GEO4014 – Basin Analysis - Scientific Writing, Presentation and Field Course
Doctor of Science in Geology and Geochemistry, University of Oslo, 2000.