Citations: ResearchGate | Google scholar
See also Xu`s personal homepage: folk.uio.no/chongyux/
Fields of interest and research activities
- Hydrological modelling at global, regional and catchment scales
- Regional evapotranspiration and its role in linking climatic and hydrological system
- Modelling of hydrological impact of climate and environment changes at global, regional and catchment scales
- Regionalization of hydrological variables and model parameters
- Uncertainty analysis and time series analysis
- GEO4310 – Stochastic and Statistical Methods in Hydrology
- GEO4320 – Hydrological Modeling
- GEO2330 – Hydrology.
- 04/2005–present: Professor of Hydrology, Dept. of Geosciences, University of Oslo
- 10/1998–03/2005: Associate Prof. of Hydrology, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Uppsala University
- 04/1994–09/1998: Assistant Prof. of Hydrology, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Uppsala University
- 11/1992–12/1993: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Dept, of Hydrology and Water Re-sources Engineering, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- 08/1982–09/1986: Assistant Engineer, The Ministry of Water Resources, P.R. China
- B.S.c 1978–1982: Nanjing University, China.
Speciality: Hydrology with emphasis on surface water.
- M.S.c 1986–1988: Free University Brussels, Brussels, Belgium.
Speciality: Regional Hydrologic Models.
- Ph.D. 1988–1992: Free University Brussels, Brussels, Belgium.
Speciality: Development, statistical analysis and regionalization of hydrological models.
- 2018 – Fellow of Norges tekniske vitenskapsakademi (NTVA)
- 2016 – Fellow of The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters (DNVA)
- 2002 – Outstanding Overseas Chinese Scholars Awards
- 2000 – Overseas Assessor for The Chinese Academy of Sciences
- 1993 – WMO, Research Awards for Young Scientists
- 1986 – 1992: 'Belgian Government fellowship' for post graduate study (ABOS)
Editor for the scientific journal:
- 2019 – Editor-in-Chief Emeritus: Hydrology Research
Associate editor for the scientific journal:
- 2008 – Journal of Hydrology
Editorial Board member:
- Water Sciences and Engineering
- Advances in Climate Chang Research
- Journal of Lake Sciences
- Journal of Ecology and Rural Environment
- Journal of Water Resources Research.
- Hohai University, China and Beijing Normal University, China
- Hohai University, China; 2008 – present
- Uppsala University, Sweden; from 2006 – present
- Wuhan University, China; from 2003 – present
- Chinese Academy of Sciences, from 2003 – present
- Nanjing University, China; from 2002 – present