Jon Ove Methlie Hagen
Publications in ResearchGate.
- Glaciers and climate changes, glacier mass balance
- Arctic glaciers and ice caps
- Climate impact assessments (IPCC, ACIA, SWIPA)
Higher education and employment history
- 1978: Cand.real (Eq. M.Sc), University of Oslo, Geography (glaciology)
- 1986: Dr.Scient. (PhD) University of Oslo, Glaciology
- 1976 - 77: Hydrologist, Norwegian water resources and energy adm., NVE
- 1978 - 80, 82 - 84: High school teacher
- 1980 - 82, 84 - 86: Research fellow, Univ. of Oslo
- 1986 - 93: Glaciologist, Norwegian Polar Institute
- 1993 - 95: Section head, Glacier and snow section, NVE
- 1995 - 96: Ass. Professor, University of Oslo
- 1996 - 03: Professor, Inst. of geography, UiO
- 2003 - to present: Professor, Department of geosciences, UiO
- 2005: Visiting professor, University of Hokkaido, Japan (3 months)
- 2010 - to present: Affiliated professor, UNIS
- Honorary doctor, University of Silesia, Poland since May 2008.
- Chairman of International Arctic Science Committee (IASC)-Working Group on Arctic Glaciology 1995-2003, vise-chairman 2003-2007,
- Vice-president of IUGG/IAHS ICSI, International Commission of Snow and Ice, 1999-2006
- Council member of International Glaciological Society (IGS) 2002-2006.
- Involved in climate impact assessments both in IPCC as lead and contributing author, in ACIA – Arctic Climate Impact Assessment and SWIPA – Snow, Water, Ice and Permafrost in the Arctic.
- Co-editor in chief and editor of The Cryosphere.
- Coordinator of the Norwegian IPY-Glaciodyn project, 2006-2010
- Partner in Norwegian IPY-project; US-NO Antarctic traverse, 2006-2010
- Coordinator of a new Nordic Center of Excellence in Cryospheric research, Top-Research Initiative by Nordic Council, 2010-2015, SVALI