Nils Roar Sælthun
- Development and applications of hydrological models.
- Water resources management, impacts of climate change impacts on water resources
- Hydropower hydrology
- Floods, design flood estimation
- Environmental information systems
Higher education and employment history
2005-2012 University of Oslo, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences: Department Chair, Department of Geosciences
1987-2005 University of Oslo, Department of Geophysics/Department of Geosciences: Adjunct professor (20%) hydrology.
2002-2005 Norwegian Institute for Water Research: Research Director, Freshwater Ecology and Technology Department
1999-2001 Norwegian Institute for Water Research, Oslo: Head of Freshwater Ecology Research Department
1995-1999 Norwegian Institute for Water Research, Oslo, Norway:Research Manager, Hydrology/Hydroinformatics.
1976-1995 Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate: Hydrology Department, Oslo: Hydrologist, Chief Engineer - Head of EDP division, Special adviser
1972-1975 University of Oslo, Department of Geophysics, Senior research assistant.
1971-1971 Norwegian Meteorological Institute, Department of Hydrometeorology, Oslo: Meteorologist.
Cand. Real. 1972 Geophysics, University of Oslo. Main subjects: Hydrology and Meteorology.
- Oslo Center for Interdisciplinary Environmental and Social Research, Board member
- National Advisory Board for Geoscience, Head
- Norwegian Climate Centre, Board member
- Vietnam National University: Establishment of master programme in geohazards.
International project experience
EU, SADC, Mozambique, Tanzania, Lesotho, Zambia, Palestinian territories, Vietnam, Ukraine, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Nicaragua.