Publications in ResearchGate.
- Glacial- and periglacial geomorphology, with main emphasis on the climatic control on glacial and periglacial geomorphic activity in cold-climate, high-relief areas, past as well as present.
- Landforms derived from bedrock weathering in high-relief areas, with special emphasis on rock glaciers.
- Climate variability and associated geomorphic response. Reconstruction of Quaternary ice sheets, glaciers and periglacial environments in the North Atlantic region.
- Historical and modern climatology (modern data series as well as the use of documentary and early instrumental records for the reconstruction of late Holocene climate) of the Arctic region, the North Atlantic region, including the Faroe Islands, Greenland, Svalbard and Norway.
- The impact of climate on societies (human dimensions) in the North Atlantic region.
- Comparison and integration of different climate proxy series.
- Scientific applications of numerical modelling in geomorphology; e.g. modelling of active layer and permafrost thermal characteristics.
- Mapping Arctic and Antarctic surface temperature changes and geomorphic effects during the observational period.
- Mapping, monitoring and modelling natural cold-climate geomorphic processes and -hazards.
- Permafrost and periglacial processes. International Permafrost Association.
- Physical Geography of Svalbard
- Snow avalanche risk in Svalbard
- Professor of Physical Geography at the Department of Geosciences, University of Oslo, since 2003.
- Adjunct Professor of Physical Geography at the University Centre in Svalbard (UNIS), since 2003.