- Mass balance of glaciers
- Glacier hydrology
- Glacier dynamics
- Modeling cryosphere
Higher education and employment history
- 2017 to date Adjunct professor at Arctic Geophysics, UNIS, Norway
- 2016 to date Professor at the Department of Geosciences, University of Oslo, Norway.
- 2008-2016 Associate professor at the Department of Geosciences, University of Oslo, Norway.
- 2008 Researcher at the Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate (NVE).
- 2004-2007 Postdoctoral research fellow of the German Research Foundation (DFG) at University of Oslo, Norway.
- 2003-2004 Research fellow at the Department for Geosciences, University of Oslo, Norway.
- 2003 Research fellow at the Department for Physical Geography, University of Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2002 PhD in Glaciology,
Thesis-title: Investigation of water drainage through an alpine glacier by tracer experiments and numerical modeling
- 1999-2002 Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (ETH), Switzerland. Ph.D. Student
- 1997 Graduation with a Diploma in Hydrology, Albert-Ludwigs University in Freiburg, Germany Minors: Meteorology, Physics
Thesis title: Hydrology of a tropical glacier, case study at Zongo Glacier, Cordillera Real, Bolivia
Published Dec. 10, 2013 7:55 PM
- Last modified Sep. 16, 2021 3:15 PM