Leiv Jacob Gelius
Main research interests are advanced seismic and radar imaging with applications within geotechnical planning, environmental geophysics, medical diagnostics, non-destructive testing and oil prospecting.
- Teacher of the year 2006 (elected by the students)
Involved in the development of marine CSEM since 1998 through advisory position at the Norwegian Geotechnical Institute (NGI) (1997-2013). For this work NGI was awarded the Distinguished Achievement Award from SEG (Society of Exploration Geophysicists) in 2007.
Lorand Eötvös Award 2012 from EAGE (best paper Geophysical Prospecting).
- GEO4260 – Reservoir geophysics
- GEO4280 – Seismic Signal Processing and Imaging
- A comprehensive E-learning system GEOClass covering Petroleum geophysics has been developed in collaboration with the Univ. of Bergen and funded by StatoilHydro. It is now being commercialized through the company UniGEO.
- Machine Learning in Geophysical Processing and Inversion. Industrial PhD-project in collaboration with Lundin (NFR, 2018-2021).
- Use of Passive and Active Electromagnetics in the Barents Sea (ARCEx, 2019-2022) (1PhD).