- General gas-water-rock interactions
- Mineral carbonation
Geochemical modeling and experimental studies on increased oil recovery from heavy oil operations
- 2020- present: Professor, Dept. of Geosciences, University of Oslo
- 2017-2019: Associate Professor, University of Oslo
- 2008-2017 Post Doc. at Dept. of Geosciences, University of Oslo. StatoilHydro Project on Geochemical modeling and experimental studies on increased oil recovery from heavy oil operations.
- 2006-2008 Post Doc. at Dept. of Earth Sciences and Center for Geobiology, University of Bergen. Gas-water-rock-bio interactions at hydrothermal conditions.
- 2003-2006 PhD student. NRC Project Safe long-term storage of CO2 in aquifers. Research on interactions between CO2, aqueous solutions and minerals at Department of Physics and Technology, University of Bergen. The ACCRETE geochemistry code developed.
- 2001-2002 Cand. Scient. (MSc) at Dept. of Geosciences. Title: Volcanic and petrological evolution of Late Ordovician oceanic crust: The Stavenes segment of the Solund-Stavfjord ophiolite.