Experimental Investigation of Geomechanical Behavior of Subsurface CO2 Storage on Sandstone Reservoirs and Shale Caprocks
- Geomechanical effects of subsurface CO2 storage on reservoirs and caprocks
- Rock physics aspects of CO2 sequestration
- Reservoir Engineering subjects such as:
- Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR)
- Fluid flow through porous media
- Reservoir Simulation and Characterization
- Application of Capacitance-Resistive model and Artificial Neural Networks in Petroleum Engineering
Higher education and employment history
- Ph.D. Research Fellow on CO2 Storage (SUCCESS) project (Since May. 2011), Department of Geosciences, University of Oslo
- M.Sc. Internship Project (Jun. 2009 till Dec. 2009) at the CHLOE (Experimental Centre for Heavy Oil), University of Pau, Pau, France
- M.Sc. in Reservoir Engineering (2007-2009) as a Dual Degree program between Institut Francais du Petrole (IFP), France, Paris and Petroleum University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
- B.Sc. in Petroleum Engineering (2003-2007) in 2 major fields of study: Drilling Engineering and Production Engineering, Petroleum University of Technology, Abadan-Ahwaz, Iran
M.Sc. Graduation Thesis
Evaluation of Waterflooding Performance by Capacitance Resistive Model in Heavy Oil Reservoirs
B.Sc. Graduation Thesis
Application of newly developed Fuzzy Logic Concept [Artificial Intelligence] In Petroleum Reservoir Characterization
- Norwegian Geotechnical Institute (NGI) (Fabrice Cuisiat)
- Experimental Centre for Heavy Oil (CHLOE) (Arjan Kamp)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) (Group Member)
- Moghadam, J.N., Salahshoor, K., Kamp, A.M., 2011. Evaluation of Waterflooding Performance in Heavy Oil Reservoirs by Applying Capacitance-Resistive Model. Petroleum Science and Technology 29, 1811-1824.
- Moghadam, J.N., Salahshoor, K., Kharrat, R., 2011. Introducing a New Method for Predicting PVT Properties of Iranian Crude Oils by Applying Artificial Neural Networks. Petroleum Science and Technology 29, 1066-1079.
- Moghadam, J.N., Salahshoor, K., Kharrat, R., 2011. Intelligent Prediction of Porosity and Permeability from Well Logs for An Iranian Fractured Carbonate Reservoir. Petroleum Science and Technology 29, 2095-2112.
- Amighi, M.R., Moghadam, J.N., 2011. Effective Ways to Avoid Barite Sag and Technologies to Predict Sag in HPHT and Deviated Wells With a Case Study in One Iranian Reservoir. Petroleum Science and Technology 29, 1995-2004.
- Naseryan Moghadam, Javad; Nooraiepour, Mohammad; Hellevang, Helge; Mondol, Nazmul Haque & Aagaard, Per (2019). Relative permeability and residual gaseous CO2 saturation in the Jurassic Brentskardhaugen Bed sandstones, Wilhelmøya Subgroup, western central Spitsbergen, Svalbard. Norwegian Journal of Geology. ISSN 2387-5844. 99(2) . doi: 10.17850/njg005 Show summary
- Naseryan Moghadam, Javad; Mondol, Nazmul Haque; Aagaard, Per & Hellevang, Helge (2016). Effective stress law for the permeability of clay-bearing sandstones by the Modified Clay Shell model. Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology. ISSN 2152-3878. 6(6), s 752- 774 . doi: 10.1002/ghg.1612 Show summary
- Naseryan Moghadam, Javad; Mondol, Nazmul Haque; Aagaard, Per & Hellevang, Helge (2016). Experimental investigation of seismic velocity behavior of CO2 saturated sandstones under varying temperature and pressure conditions. Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology. ISSN 2152-3878. 6(6), s 734- 751 . doi: 10.1002/ghg.1603 Show summary
- Naseryan-Moghadam, Javad; Mondol, Nazmul Haque; Hellevang, Helge; Johnsen, Øistein & Aagaard, Per (2014). Seismic Response of CO2 Saturated Red Wildmoor Sandstone under Varying Temperatures and Pressures, In EAGE2014 (ed.), Workshop Proceedings. 76th EAGE Conference & Exhibition. European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers. ISBN 978-90-73834-90-3. Tu G107 15.
- Naseryan-Moghadam, Javad; Aagaard, Per; Mondol, Nazmul Haque & Hellevang, Helge (2013). Determination of the Biot’s coefficient for the permeability of DeGeerdalen and Knorringfjellet sandstones, two consolidated formations for CO2 sequestration in Svalbard area.