Detailed subsurface and outcrop characterization of faults, fault seal and trap geometry of petroleum reservoirs and CO2 storage sites, structural and stratigraphic influences on the subsurface migration of hydrocarbons and CO2, 3D structural/stratigraphic interpretation and modeling of subsurface or outcrop geology, utilization of exploration geophysics for solving structural problems, and carbonate deposition, deformation, and diagenesis
- 2017-Present – PhD Research Fellow: University of Oslo, Norwegian CCS Research Center (NCCS), Oslo, Norway
- 2016-2017 – Research Scientist Associate II: Bureau of Economic Geology, Center for Integrated Seismicity Research (CISR), Austin, Texas
- 2016 – Geoscience Intern: University Lands, Houston, Texas
- 2015-2016 – Teaching Assistant: The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
- 2015 – Geology Intern: Apache Corporation, Permian Region, Midland, Texas
- 2014 – Student Geology & Geosciences Intern: Talisman Energy USA, Eagle Ford Delivery Unit, Houston, Texas
- 2013-2015 – Graduate Research Assistant: The University of Texas at Austin, Gulf Coast Carbon Center (GCCC), Austin, Texas
- M.S. Geological Sciences (2016) – The University of Texas at Austin. Thesis: Fault seal and containment failure analysis of a lower Miocene structure in the San Luis Pass area, offshore Galveston Island, Texas inner shelf
- B.S. Geology, Minor in Geophysics, Honors College Member (2013) – University of Houston
- Norwegian CCS Research Centre Mobility Grant (2019)
- Summer Jackson School of Geosciences Field Scholarship (2015)
- AAPG Imperial Barrel Award Program (IBA) Participant: The University of Texas at Austin (2014)
- East Texas Geological Society Scholarship (2013 and 2014)
- University of Texas Shell Field Camp Award (2013)
- Houston Geological Society Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship (2013)
- AAPG L. Austin Weeks Undergraduate Grant (2012)
- Hennings, Peter H.; Lund Snee, Jens-Erik; Osmond, Johnathon Lee; DeShon, Heather R.; Dommisse, Robin; Horne, Elizabeth; Lemons, Casee & Zoback, Mark D. (2019). Injection-induced seismicity and fault-slip potential in the Fort Worth Basin, Texas. Bulletin of The Seismological Society of America (BSSA). ISSN 0037-1106. . doi: 10.1785/0120190017 Show summary
- Osmond, Johnathon Lee & Meckel, Timothy A. (2019). Enhancing trap and fault seal analyses by integrating observations from HR3D seismic data with well logs and conventional 3D seismic data, Texas inner shelf. Geological Society Special Publication. ISSN 0305-8719. . doi: 10.1144/SP496-2018-142 Show summary
- Mulrooney, Mark Joseph; Osmond, Johnathon Lee; Skurtveit, Elin; Wu, Long & Braathen, Alvar (2018). Smeaheia, A Potential Northern North Sea CO2 Storage Site: Structural Description And De-Risking Strategies.
- Skurtveit, Elin; Choi, Jung Chan; Mulrooney, Mark; Osmond, Johnathon Lee & Braathen, Alvar (2018). 3D fault integrity screening for Smeaheia CO2 injection site. Full text in Research Archive.
- Skurtveit, Elin; Choi, Jung Chan; Osmond, Johnathon Lee; Mulrooney, Mark Joseph & Braathen, Alvar (2018). 3D fault integrity screening for Smeaheia CO2 injection site. Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Skurtveit, Elin; Mulrooney, Mark; Osmond, Johnathon Lee; Choi, Jung Chan & Braathen, Alvar (2018). Structural derisking for Smeaheia - Improved fault characterization workflow.