Olaussen is a guest researcher at Dept. of Geosciences. Olaussen`s main position is at the University Centre in Svalbard, UNIS, Svalbard.
Arctic Basins (paleogeography) - Rift basin fill - Shallow marine and paralic deposits - Sequence stratigraphys - Arctic - Petroleum Geology - Hydrocarbon Resources - carbonate deposits - CO2 storage.
- Cand real. 1978 Department of Geology, University of Oslo
- Dr Scient. 1984 Institutt for Geologi, University of Bergen
- 2015 - Adjunct Professor, Dept of Geosciences, UiO.
- 2010 - Professor Arctic Petroleum Geology, UNIS
- 2005 - 2010 New venture and regional team leader, Eni Norge
- 2001 - 2005 Geological advisor - Exploration, Eni Norge
- 2000 - 2001 Chief Geologist, Norsk Hydro Research Centre
- 1995 - 2000 Chief Geologist, Saga, Exploration Dept.
- 1991 - 1995 Advisor Basin Evaluation, Saga, Exploration Dept.
- 1985 - 1991 Department Manager, Geological Lab., Statoil
- 1983 - 1985 Senior Geologist (Play and Regional Studies), Statoil
- 1980 - 1983 Geologist/Senior Geologist (sedimentology/diagenesis), Statoil, Geological Lab.
- 1978 - 1980 Research Assistant, Geological Institute, UiB.