Xin Zhong is a guest researcher at Department of Geosciences.
- Metamorphic petrology
- Numerical modelling in diffusion, reactions and mechanics
- Equilibrium thermodynamics
Post-doc researcher working with developing a fully-coupled model to simulate chemical reactions and mechanical deformation. The goal is to use numerical approaches to investigate how chemical reactions influence rock deformation during metamorphism and vice versa. Project support; Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) and DIME/GEO-PGP.
- Present guest researcher affiliated to GEO-PGP, Department of Geosciences
- MSc and PhD degree at ETH Zurich, Switzerland. PhD topic is about the interplay among chemical diffusion, reactions and mechanics in metamorphic rocks.
- BSc degree at China University of Petroleum (Beijing)