Mineral reaction laboratory
What we are doing: Low temperature and hydrothermal experiments on minerals to obtain reaction rates and to understand reaction mechanisms. The experimental activity is an important part of the mineral dissolution and growth research group.
The mineral reaction laboratory.
- Two 600 ml titanium Parr© reactors for flow-through and batch experiments (T < 250-300 °C)
- One 450 ml titanium Parr© reactor for flow-through and batch experiments (T < 200 °C)
- One 250 ml titanium Parr© reactor for flow-through and batch experiments (T < 200 °C)
- Two tubular reactors (titanium, hastelloy) for flow-through experiments (T < 300 °C)
- 8-10 polypropylene reactors for flow-through or batch experiments (< 85 °C)
- BET Strohlein© N2 instrument for surface area measurements