Volcanic impacts on climate and society during the 500-1250 Common Era
- IPCC / Paleo Model Intercomparison Project 5 (PMIP5) model data
- Archaeology records for Scandinavia
- Ice core records in Greenland and Antarctica
Method: Data analyses of:
- surface climate changes after large volcanic eruptions (VE) in PMIP5 data;
- archaeology records for discontinuities related to large VE and their climate effects.
- How was Scandinavian climate impacted by large tropical and extratropical VE?
Was the increased use of outland resources a response to climatic changes?
What is the volcanic signal in ice core records?