Mandatory information meeting for MSc students
Mandatory information meeting for master students admitted to the master programme in Geosciences, autumn 2019.
The information meeting is mandatory for master students admitted to the Master's programme at the Department of Geosciences, autumn 2019.
Students who have completed master's courses prior to the admission should note that they must submit the application for approval of master study plan as early as possible in the first semester.
Are you unable to be present?
Students that are unable to meet, must send an email prior to the information meeting to email@example.com and notify us in order to keep their admission at the master programme. Students failing to to so, will have their admission withdrawn.
Information from the meeting will be put available at this page after the meeting and students who are unable to attend (and have given notice of their absence prior to the first lecture) must familiarize themselves with the information on their own.
Programme for the information meeting
Before the start of the information meeting at 10:00 AM, meet up for registration and coffee.
From 10:00 - 12:00
- Welcome by the Head of Department, Professor Brit Lisa Skjelkvåle and Head of Studies, Professor Jon Ove Hagen
- Information from the Student administration by student adviser, Karl Johan Ullavik Bakken.
From 12:00 - 13:00
- Lunch in the Geology building.
From 13:00 - to ca 14:00
You will meet the programme coordinator of your programme option. In separate meetings you will have the chance to discuss the course of study, courses etc with the coordinator of your programme. The places for these meetings are:
- Environmental Geoscience - Will be announced
- Geohazards and Geomechanics - Will be announced
- Geomorphology and Geomatics - Will be announced
- Geophysics and Geodynamics - Will be announced
- Hydrology and Glaciology - Will be announced
- Meteorology and Oceanography - Will be announced
- Mineralogy, Petrology and Geochemistry - Will be announced
- Petroleum Geoscience - Will be announced
- Sedimentology, Paleontology and Stratigraphy - Will be announced
- Structural Geology and Tectonics - Will be announced
All meetings takes place in the Geology building unless other is stated.
Important deadlines for registrations
- 15 August- Deadline for registration for courses in the autumn semester in StudentWeb
- Students sign up for courses in StudentWeb. Study rights will be assigned in time for the meeting.
- 1 September - Deadline for paying the semester fee and registration for the semester in StudentWeb.
For more information about deadlines see: www.uio.no/studier/registrering/melding
Week 34 - The lectures begin!
During these weeks, the lectures in most of the courses start up. See the course semester page for time and place for the first lecture. All courses at the Department of Geosciences have mandatory attendance on the first lecture.
If you have problems making it to the first lecture, you inform the Student administration of your absence before the first lecture. Otherwise you will be removed from class and examination.
Contact us if questions
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Student administration: firstname.lastname@example.org
For academic questions, please refer to your contact person at the programme option.