Here you find information about how to access or extend your access to the NOTUR machines, and general guidelines and policies
We have access to the NOTUR machines through the project nn4654k. We apply for resources for the project for six-month allocation periods. Project resources are granted, by the Resource Allocation Commitee, based on scientific merit, needs, prior usage and capacity/general demand.
- Fill out the user application form, with NOTUR project number nn4654k, project manager Trygve Helgaker. Specify which resources (Saga, Stallo, Fram, etc.) you need access to, and for how long (stipulated).
- Email Simen Reine to specify which PI you work with/for, which resources you need access to, and for how long
Access will be granted once one of the three administrators of nn4654k (Simen, Trygve or Bjørn-Olav) and NOTUR/Sigma2 have verified your request, typically within one working day. If things delay, please do not hesitate to contact Simen.
To extend your access to the project, or to get access to additional NOTUR resources, email Simen Reine with the information of point 2. above.
Usage of the project resources is limited to work by, and collaborative work with, members of the Hylleraas Centre.
Any publication should include at least one person with a Hylleraas Centre address, either
- Department of Chemistry, Hylleraas Centre for Quantum Molecular Sciences, University of Oslo, P.O. Box 1033, N-1315 Blindern, Norway.
- Department of Chemistry, Hylleraas Centre for Quantum Molecular Sciences, University of Tromsø—The Arctic University of Norway, N-9037 Tromsø, Norway
and should acknowledge the use of the NOTUR resources, for example by
- This work has received support from the Norwegian Supercomputing Program (NOTUR) through a grant of computer time (Grant No. NN4654K).
It is your responsibility to read and follow up on emails from NOTUR/Sigma. This includes changing your password on request (once a year), and to extend the project access by contacting Simen in due time.
The PIs and seniors have a responsibility for their students, co-workers and guests to have, or to get, proper training to ensure efficient usage of the NOTUR resources.