Procedure for confirmed COVID-19 infection among students or teachers related to the teaching of courses
(Changed 11.november. 2020: see pkt 6)
- To make infection tracing as simple as possible, all physical presence related to teaching has to be registered. The registration will be kept for two weeks, and then deleted.
- Teaching will not be cancelled in cases where a student or teacher has symptoms of COVID-19, but where infection has not been confirmed.
- All who get information about a student or teacher with a positive corona virus test should as soon as possible contact the Faculty’s “corona phone” at number 92050857 and contact the Department’s management (Head of Department/Head of Office/Education Leaders).
- The Department’s management immediately sends information to the Faculty about who have had physical presence at the teaching activities (e.g. lectures, group teaching, lab courses etc.). This will enable the Faculty to give the best possible information to the health authorities as soon as possible.
- The Department’s management, in dialogue with the Faculty’s infection prevention management, will determine what measures will be undertaken. Examples of measures could be that the course activity where the infected person has had physical presence, immediately will end all teaching with physical presence.
- The Department’s management will make sure that the students and teachers who are affected are informed through Canvas as soon as possible. This will include information regarding what teaching activities are affected and (if that is the case) stopped. Teachers are asked to not, on their own, send out information regarding this to other students.
- The Department’s management will send out relevant information to the Department, and will at the same time remind everyone to take extra care when it comes to infection prevention, hygiene related to infection risk, keeping distance, stay at home if symptoms, and potentially getting tested.
It is only the health authorities who have responsibility for tracing and contact with persons who must quarantine. Please observe that this may take some time. Normally, IBV will not be in direct contact with Oslo’s tracing team. IBV and UiO may not be informed when the tracing has been completed.