Gradual reopening of IBV's buildings
IBVs buildings are gradually reopening. Check this website regularly for updated information regarding the handling of the corona situation at IBV. The web forms previously used for applying for access, are no longer in use. (Last update: June 12th, 2020).
Preventing infection is both a collective and individual responsibility. It is therefore important that everyone adheres to these general guidelines:
- Do not come to work if you are ill.
- Go home if you show symptoms of illness while on campus.
- Familiarise yourself with and follow guidelines and measures from risk assessments.
- Staff and students must familiarise themselves and follow hygiene routines.
- Access for BSc students is limited to UiO's open reading rooms (Vilhelm Bjerknes, Georg Sverdrup, Sofus Bugge, Eilert Sundt). MSc students can also book a seat in these rooms.
- UiO's infection prevention course is mandatory for everybody (aprox. 15 min).
We encourage you to stay up-to-date by checking:
- The guide to infection prevention at the University of Oslo
- The University of Oslo's main web page about the corona situation
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences's web page about the corona situation
Local guidelines at IBV
To prevent putting IBVs research activity in the vulnerable situation where key personell and groups of employees are simultaneously in quarantine, IBV has imposed stricter guidelines than other parts of UiO:
- Always use the same bathroom. All lockerrooms are closed.
- Entrances: Only use entrance A and D on the ground floor, and entrance A in the basement.
- The Master's study rooms in Kristine Bonnevies hus should only be used occasionally by students who are in the building because of lab work. (A seat in UiO's open reading rooms can be booked by all students).
- The reception desk is open Tuesdays and Thursdays 10.00 a.m.–2.00 p.m.
- The administration can be contacted by phone and e-mail.
- Self declarations (see below) have to be submitted.
- For more information, see the IBV procedure with countermeasures against infection.
Use of offices
Your total use of the office must be less or within 50 % of your regular working hours. To make effective infection tracing possible, you must register which days of the week you intend to use your office through the online forms below. This must be done no later than the first day you use your office in the relevant week. You can edit your response if necessary. Only one person is allowed to use the office at any given time: If you share officespace with another employee, you must agree on how to allocate office use. (For landscape offices: Recommendations from the health authorities form the premises.)
- Week 20 (Monday 11 May – Sunday 17 May)
- Week 21 (Monday 18 May – Sunday 24 May)
- Week 22 (Monday 25 May – Sunday 31 May)
- Week 23 (Monday 1 June – Sunday 7 June)
- Week 24 (Monday 8 June – Sunday 14 June)
- Week 25 (Monday 15 June – Sunday 21 June)
- Week 26 (Monday 22 June – Sunday 28 June)
- Week 27 (Monday 29 June – Sunday 5 July)
- Week 28 (Monday 6 July – Sunday 12 July)
- Week 29 (Monday 13 July – Sunday 19 July)
- Week 30 (Monday 20 July – Sunday 26 July)
- Week 31 (Monday 27 July – Sunday 2 August)
- Week 32 (Monday 3 August – Sunday 9 August)
- Week 33 (Monday 10 August – Sunday 16 August)
- Week 34 (Monday 17 August – Sunday 23 August)
- Week 35 (Monday 24 August – Sunday 30 August)
Use of laboratories
The Department's laboratories have been allocated into zones. Each zone has a contact person whom you must contact before you can start to work.
All access requires that you have submitted two self declaration forms:
- Self declaration HSE (nettskjema). This form is the IBV HSE regulation.
- Self declaration COVID-19 (nettskjema). This form is for the COVID-19 situation.
Submitting these forms will serve as documentation that you have read the necessary information regarding IBV's local procedures.
Emeriti who need access have to apply in advance to the Department management by email to email@example.com.
Zoom: Video Meetings and digital lectures
Zoom is UiO's preferred service for video meetings and remote lecturing. Guideline on how to sign in correctly.