I started working with the Institute of Biosciences and Department of Informatics at the The University of Oslo as a postdoctoral researcher . My research project will be focussed on understanding regulome and identifying key components and interaction playing a role during development and in Cancer. Complex systems are of keen interest to me and my focus to develop Novel and robust methodology for integrative inferences to understand complex biological systems at the epigenomic, genetic and proteomic level.
Before joining UiO, I was working at the Department of Molecular Genetics at Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam as a postdoctoral researcher, where my main focus was on integrative inferences using network studies on Single-cell genomics. Apart from this, I developed pipelines for cell segmentation, tracking, and isolation for images obtained from one of its kind in-house built Ultrawide field of View Microscope (UFOV).
I also won visiting CASyM (Co-ordinating Actions Systems Medicine across Europe) EU-FP7 grant as a postdoctoral research associate to work on the project related to epigenome modulation in Cancer at Institute of Clinical Physiology, National Research Council of Italy, Siena in collaboration with Center for Computational Sciences of University of Miami. I did a PhD in Computational Biology from the Second University of Naples, and my PhD thesis focused on the Interactomic analysis of genes and proteins involved in chronic inflammatory diseases. During PhD. I worked on molecular modelling and dynamics of intrinsically disordered proteins along with network studies at protein structure networks, protein-protein interaction networks, gene-gene interaction networks. I´m keenly interested in integrative inferences on multi-omics data to identify hidden patterns and early warning signals at a system level for early detection of diseases in individual patients.
- Piplani H, Marek-Iannucci S., Sin J., Sin J., Hou J., Takahashi T., Sharma A.,de Freitas Germano J et al., Simvastatin induces autophagic flux to restore cerulein-impaired phagosome-lysosome fusion in acute pancreatitis, BBA - Molecular Basis of Disease (2019), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbadis.2019.08.006
- Rani, S., Sharma, A.,Goel, M., "Analysis and characterization of chaperone protein repertoire in thermoacidophilic archaea Picrophilus torridus" Cell Stress and Chaperones (2018) 23: 1257. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12192-018-0933-y
- Sharma, A.,Cinti, C., Capobianco, E., "Network-guided Target Controllability of Tumor Microenvironment in Phenotypically Characterized Osteosarcoma."Front. Immunol. 8:918. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2017.00918
- Sharma, A., Capobianco, E.,“Immuno-Oncology Networks: Elucidating the Influences of Osteosarcoma phenotypes.” Cancer Informatics. doi.org/10.1177/1176935117721691
- Gherardini L., Sharma, A.,Capobianco E., Cinti C., “Targeting Cancer with Epi-Drugs: A Precision Medicine Perspective." Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology 2016 17(10): 856–65
- Sharma, A.,Ferraro MB., Maiorano F., Blanco FDV., Guarracino MR.,“Rigidity and flexibility in protein-protein interaction networks: a case study on neuromuscular disorders”, arXiv:1402.2304v2
- Sharma, A., Costantini S., Colonna.G., “The protein-protein interaction network of the human Sirtuin family.” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Proteins and Proteomics, Volume 1834, Issue 10, October 2013, Pages 1998-2009 (also available at arXiv preprint arXiv:1302.6423v2)
- Costantini S., Sharma, A., Raucci R., Costantini M., Autiero I., Colonna G., "Genealogy of an ancient protein family: the Sirtuins, a family of disordered members" BMC Evolutionary Biology2013, 13:60 doi:10.1186/1471-2148-13-60(Highly accessed)
- Raucci R., Rusolo F., Sharma, A., Colonna G., Castello G., Costantini S., “Functional and structural features of adipokine family" Cytokine, Volume 61, Issue 1, January 2013, Pages 1-14, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cyto.2012.08.036
- Sharma, A.,Gautam VK., Costantini S., Paladino A., Colonna G., "Interactomic and pharmacological insights on human Sirt-1" Frontiers in Experimental Pharmacology and Drug DiscoveryFront Pharmacol. (2012) 3: 40.
- Miele M°.,Sharma A°., Capone F., Raucci R., Guerriero E., Colonna G., Castello G., Di Stasio M., Costantini S., "CytReD: a database collecting human cytokinome information"Bioinformation(2011), 6(5): 207-208 °These Author contributed equally to this work
- Costantini S., Sharma A.,Colonna G., "The value of the cytokinome profile" (Amit Nagar Eds) in Inflammatory Diseases/ Book 3, ISBN 979-953-307-659-0, 2011. (Book Chapter)
Conference proceedings :
- Piplani H.*, Sharma A., Huang C., Sin J., de Freitas Germano J., Mentzer MR., Andres MA., Roberta, AG. (2019). Abstract 529: Asporin - Extracellular Matrix Protein Mitigates Pathological Remodeling. CirculationResearch,123(Suppl_1), A529–A529. https://doi.org/10.1161/res.123.suppl_1.529 (*presenting author)
- Piplani H.*, Huang C., Sharma A., de Freitas Germano J., Sengstock D., Andres MA., & Roberta A, G. (2018). Abstract 16569: Asporin Induces Mitophagy and Reduces Myocardial Infarction in Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury Model of Mice. In Circulation (Vol. 138, pp. A16569–A16569). American Heart
- Piplani, Honit; Marek-Iannucci, Stefanie; Sin, Jon; Hou, Jean; Takahashi, Toshimasa; Sharma, Ankush; de Freitas Germano, Juliana; Waldron, Richard T; Saadaeijahromi, Hannaneh; Song, Yang; Gulla, Aiste; Wu, Bechien; Lugea, Aurelia; Andres, Allen M; Gaisano, Herbert Y; Gottlieb, Roberta A & Pandol, Stephen J (2019). Simvastatin induces autophagic flux to restore cerulein-impaired phagosome-lysosome fusion in acute pancreatitis.. Biochim Biophys Acta - Molecular Basis of Disease. 1865(11) . doi: 10.1016/j.bbadis.2019.08.006