I work with benthic algae, with a particular focus on kelp forests. I am involved with solving of problems associated with charting flora in special environments, i.e. Svalbard. In the last few years also projects linked to seagrass as a habitat been of importance, and also seagrass as a Blue forest. I have contributed and been head of groups regarding eutrophication and outlet of nutrients from fish farming. Since 2016 I have been affiliated to Institute of Marine Research in a 20% adjunct position.
- BIOS 2220 Aquatic Biodiversity. Course responsible (partly)
- BIOS 3330 Marine Biology
- BIO 4301 Marine benthic ecology. Course responsible
- BIO 4331 Human impact on marine envionment
- BIO 4320 Systematics and ecology of marine algae
Higher education and employment history
Previous academic positions:
- 2004- pres. Professor at the Department of Biology
- 1995-2004 Associate Professor at the Department of Biology
- Prior 1995 Hired on different projects
- 1994 Dr. scient. UiO
- 1985 Cand. real. University of Bergen
- Recieved the "Golden Pointer" from Biologisk Fagutvalg as evidence of being the best lecturer at the institute.
I have for the last 20 years worked very closely with people at the Norwegian Department for Water Research (NIVA). I also collaborate with several foreign partners on different projects on kelp forest- and seaweed research. I have also fucused on benthic algal vegetation on Svalbard, in close cooperation with UNIS avd AWI (Germany). I have cooperation with many international and national researchers and research institutions.