The facility has 16 climate controlled phytotron rooms (10m2), where 8 are inside the GMO containment sone. The GMO facility also has 3 separate climate chambers (1m2).
Climate controlled phytotron rooms with plants prepared for a student courses
Each of the 16 climate controlled phytotron rooms has separate conditioning systems to control temperature, humidity and light.
- Type of light sources available: HID (High intensity discharge) and LED (AP67 and NS12)
- Range of a light intensity: up to 300 μmol m−2 s−1
- Range of temperatures and precision: 6°C to + 40°C + 1°C lights on
- Range of humidity and precision: 40-90% + 10%
- Possibility to use gases (CO2, O3 etc): Only possible in custom made growth chambers
- GMO containment level S3: 8 rooms (+ 3 chambers)
- Vernalisation (6°C): 2 room (only LED lighting)
- Service: Includes standard watering and pots/trays, use of standard equipment, pesticides