I am a Researcher in the Language Technology Group at the University of Oslo working on clinical NLP tasks within the BigMed project. My main professional interests are applications of Natural Language Processing and machine learning methods to tasks with a high social relevance including the educational and the health sectors.
- Ildikó Pilán, Elena Volodina, and Lars Borin. 2017. Candidate sentence selection for language learning exercises: From a comprehensive framework to an empirical evaluation. Traitement Automatique des Langues (TAL) Journal, Special issue on NLP for Learning and Teaching, 57 (3): 67–91.
- Ildikó Pilán, Elena Volodina, and Torsten Zesch. 2016. Predicting proficiency levels in learner writings by transferring a linguistic complexity model from expert-written coursebooks. In Proceedings of the 26th International Conference on Computational Linguistics: Technical Papers, pp. 2101–2110.
- Ildikó Pilán, Sowmya Vajjala, and Elena Volodina. 2016. A readable read: Automatic assessment of language learning materials based on linguistic complexity. International Journal of Computational Linguistics and Applications (IJCLA), 7 (1): 143–159.
- Pilán, Ildikó; Brekke, Pål H. & Øvrelid, Lilja (2020). Building a Norwegian Lexical Resource for Medical Entity Recognition, In Maite Melero (ed.), Proceedings of the LREC 2020 Workshop on Multilingual Biomedical Text Processing (MultiligualBIO 2020). European Language Resources Association (ELRA). ISBN 979-10-95546-65-8. KAPITTEL. s 9 - 14 Show summary
- Pilán, Ildikó; Brekke, Pål H. & Øvrelid, Lilja (2020). Building a Norwegian Lexical Resource for Medical Entity Recognition. Show summary