Since August 2001 The PhD Days Workshop in Information Systems is organized and hosted by the Global Infrastructures group at the Department of Informatics of the University of Oslo, Norway. The workshop is also open to a number of students from other European Universities in order to exchange experiences and build research relationships in an international network.
The main aims of the workshop are:
· Give constructive feedback to the ongoing work of the participating PhD students
· Build and maintain research networks
· Discuss important issues related to the study of Information Systems
· Facilitate joint research, collaborative writing and supervision across institutions
· Assess the progress of PhD students
The workshop (held every six months) is organized in workgroup sessions to discuss each students PhD project and progress as well as plenary sessions for theoretical presentations and discussions.