Invitation to International MSc Students in Language Technology
The University of Oslo invites applications to its interdisciplinary MSc study programme in Informatics: Language and Communication. The application deadline for admissions is 1 March, 2016. Teaching will start in mid-August 2016.
Informatics: Language and Communication at Oslo is a programme at the interface of Computer Science and Computational Linguistics, hosted at the Department of Informatics. At this point, we welcome applications from citizens of EU or EEA members or Switzerland who expect to hold a Bachelor-level degree in Computational Linguistics or Computer Science, with a specialization in Language Technology, by mid-2016.
Some of the key features of the programme include:
- teaching (and academic and administrative support) are in English;
- MSc students become part of a dynamic, international research group;
- in-depth instruction on both symbolic and probabilistic techniques;
- intensive interaction with faculty via 'long' 60-ECTS MSc thesis;
- the Oslo Department of Informatics ranks competitively in Europe;
- the department just moved into brand-new, cutting-edge facilities;
- no tuition and nominal administrative fees (EUR 70 per semester);
- the university seeks to make available affordable student housing;
- employment prospects in the Norwegian ICT sector remain excellent.