Research: Exploring and designing the transformative potential of products and practices to address complex social and environmental sustainability challenges in our communities, organisations, and society at large.
Practice: Hands-on engagement with sustainability through making, design, and repair activities.
Team: We are a small, interdisciplinary group of researchers and educators using different research and design approaches to support the transition towards sustainable futures.
Collaboration: A meeting place for all researchers and students working on sustainability issues at the Department of Informatics.
The Sustainability & Design Lab is hosted by the Sustainability and Design research group.
UiO:Energy project - 2021-2023: Circular Energy for a Sustainable Circular Economy: Exploring design, maintenance, and repair as energy conservation strategies (Circular Energy)
UiO:Norden project - 2019 - 2022: Futuring Sustainable Nordic Business Models (Futuring Nordics) (link)
Master student projects 2020-2022 in cooperation with Statsbygg and the Life Sciences building (link)
- Oteng-Ababio, Martin; van der Velden, Maja & Taylor, Mark Beaumont (2020). Building Policy Coherence for Sound Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Management in a Developing Country. The Journal of environment & development. ISSN 1070-4965. . doi: 10.1177/1070496519898218
- Srivastava, Swati & Culén, Alma Leora (2019). From Niche to Mainstream Transitions: Digital Second-hand Markets for Millennials, In Piet Kommers; Guo Chao Peng; Luís Rodrigues & Pedro Isaías (ed.), Proceedings of the International Conferences ICT, Society and Human Beings 2019, Connected Smart Cities 2019, Web Based Communities and Social Media 2019. IADIS Press. ISBN 978-1-5108-9241-5. 3. s 19 - 27
- Taylor, Mark Beaumont & Van Der Velden, Maja (2019). Resistance to Regulation: Failing Sustainability in Product Lifecycles. Sustainability. ISSN 2071-1050. 11(22) . doi: 10.3390/su11226526
25. February 2020 - Virtually visiting the Life Sciences building using VR
27. February 2020 - Smart Final confence (link)
25. March 2020 - How to implement a literature review. Zoom meeting. Presentations by Mariann Lund and Mahsa Motevallian.
29. April 2020 - Research methods