Part-time programmer for the Reasonable Ontology Templates project
The SIRIUS centre is looking to hire a part-time programmer for the Reasonable Ontology Templates (OTTR) project.
The project is a research and innovation project that develops tools and methods for improving the efficiency and quality of constructing, maintaining and using knowledge bases based on semantic technologies. Part of this effort is to develop and support an open-source Java code base which is in use both in industry and academia.
The task of the successful applicant is to further develop the codebase according to established best practices for software engineering, open source development and Java programming. This includes developing new functionality, bug fixing, writing documentation and/or open source support tasks. The tasks given will be adapted to the wishes and skills of the applicant.
- Demonstrable good proficiency in Java programming
- Experience using Git
- Good communication skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
Additional beneficial qualifications and experience:
- The Java APIs used by the project, e.g., the Java Stream API and Jena API
- Software development
- Open source development, e.g., using GitHub or GitLab
- Semantic web technology, e.g., IN3060/IN4060
- Unit testing
- Database development
As part of the OTTR team you will get to:
- Develop software that is in active use by industrial partners
- Be part of an active research group
- Be supervised by experienced programmers and researchers
- Engage with research that is in the forefront of the semantic web field
Applications to the position should contain:
- A description of your qualifications; if possible, with links to repositories that demonstrate them
- Your motivation for applying for the position
- Your CV
- If applicable, your future study plan
- Your transcript
Period: The position is up to 40 % and initially until June 2021.
Salary: The hourly rate is as for teaching assistants at IFI, which is 186,70 kr for bachelor students and 191,30 kr for master students. Applicants will be interviewed and have a probationary period of 1 month. The application deadline is January 31 2021.
Applications and questions about the position may be sent to the project manager of the OTTR project: Martin G. Skjæveland, firstname.lastname@example.org.