I am Naeem Khademi, a postdoctorate researcher at the Networks and Distributed Systems group (ND) of the Department of informatics, University of Oslo, Norway, where I collaborate with Prof. Michael Welzl on developing a new, evolutive API and transport-layer architecture for the Internet in the context of NEAT project funded by Horizon 2020 EU research and innovation program.
I was born in 1983 in Shiraz -- Iran, where I studied until the end of high School. Later, I graduated from Kish University (Iran) with a bachelor degree in Software Engineering in September 2006. From December 2007 to February 2010 I conducted my Masters program in Computer Networks at the University Putra Malaysia in Selangor, Malaysia. In August 2010 I joined the Networks and Distributed Systems Group at the University of Oslo in Norway and in June 2015 I received my PhD degree by defending a doctorate thesis under the title of "Reducing Latency in Internet Access Links with Mechanisms in Endpoints and within the Network".
My research interests are in the evaluation of improvement of transport layer protocols in the Internet.
For more detailed information on my research activities and publications refer to my personal homepage at http://heim.ifi.uio.no/naeemk/
1. Naeem Khademi, Mohamed Othman, "Size-Based and Direction-Based TCP Fairness Issues in IEEE 802.11 WLANs”, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2010, Article ID 818190, 16 pages, 2010
2. Naeem Khademi, Michael Welzl and Renato Lo Cigno, "On the Uplink Performance of TCP in Multi-rate 802.11 WLANs", IFIP/TC6 NETWORKING 2011, Valencia, Spain
3. Naeem Khademi, Mohamed Othman, "Guaranteeing Per Station and Per Flow Fairness of Downstream and Upstream Flows over IEEE 802.11 WLAN", ICIMT, pp.431-435, 2009 International Conference on Information and Multimedia Technology, 2009
4. Naeem Khademi, Mohamed Othman, "Least Attained Service Queue Management for ns-2 Network Simulator", ICCRD, pp.317-321, 2010 Second International Conference on Computer Research and Development, 2010
- Khademi, Naeem; Ros, David; Welzl, Michael; Bozakov, Zdravko; Brunstrom, Anna; Fairhurst, Gorry; Grinnemo, Karl-Johan; Hayes, David; Hurtig, Per; Jones, Tom; Mangiante, Simone; Tüxen, Michael & Weinrank, Felix (2017). NEAT: A Platform- and Protocol-Independent Internet Transport API. IEEE Communications Magazine. ISSN 0163-6804. 55(6), s 46- 54 . doi: 10.1109/MCOM.2017.1601052
- Kuhn, Nicolas; Ros, David; Baba Bagayoko, Amadou; Kulatunga, Chamil; Fairhurst, Gorry & Khademi, Naeem (2017). Operating ranges, tunability and performance of CoDel and PIE. Computer Communications. ISSN 0140-3664. 103, s 74- 82 . doi: 10.1016/j.comcom.2016.07.013 Vis sammendrag
- Papastergiou, Giorgos; Fairhurst, Gorry; Ros, David; Brunstrom, Anna; Grinnemo, Karl-Johan; Hurtig, Per; Khademi, Naeem; Tüxen, Michael; Welzl, Michael; Damjanovic, Dragana & Mangiante, Simone (2017). De-Ossifying the Internet Transport Layer: A Survey and Future Perspectives. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials. ISSN 1553-877X. 19(1), s 619- 639 . doi: 10.1109/COMST.2016.2626780 Vis sammendrag
- Islam, Safiqul; Welzl, Michael; Gjessing, Stein & Khademi, Naeem (2015). Coupled congestion control for RTP media. Computer communication review. ISSN 0146-4833. 44(4) . doi: 10.1145/2630088.2630089
- Islam, Safiqul; Welzl, Michael; Gjessing, Stein & Khademi, Naeem (2014). Coupled congestion control for RTP media, In Mirja Kühlewind & Dirk Kutscher (ed.), Proceedings of the 2014 ACM SIGCOMM workshop on Capacity sharing workshop. Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). ISBN 978-1-4503-2991-0. 5. s 21 - 26
- Welzl, Michael; Gjessing, Stein & Khademi, Naeem (2014). Less-than-best-effort service for Community Wireless Networks: Challenges at three layers, In Pan Hui & Gunnar Karlson (ed.), 11th Annual Conference on Wireless On-demand Network Systems and Services. IEEE conference proceedings. ISBN 978-1-4799-4937-3. 23. s 148 - 153
- Khademi, Naeem; Welzl, Michael & Gjessing, Stein (2012). Experimental evaluation of TCP performance in multi-rate 802.11 WLANs, In Albert Banchs & Balakrishnan Prabhakaran (ed.), 2012 IEEE international symposium on a world of wireless, mobile, and multimedia networks, WoWMoM. IEEE conference proceedings. ISBN 978-1-4673-1238-7. Kapittel. s 1 - 9 Vis sammendrag
- Khademi, Naeem; Welzl, Michael & Lo Cigno, Renato (2011). On the uplink performance of TCP in multi-rate 802.11 WLANs, In N. N. (ed.), NETWORKING'11 Proceedings of the 10th international IFIP TC 6 conference on Networking. Springer. ISBN 978-3-642-20797-6. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-20798-3_28. s 368 - 378
- Khademi, Naeem; Welzl, Michael; Armitage, Grenville & Gjessing, Stein (2016). Improving the Fairness of Alternative Backoff with ECN (ABE). Vis sammendrag
- Papastergiou, Giorgos; Grinnemo, Karl-Johan; Brunstrom, Anna; Ros, David; Tüxen, Michael; Khademi, Naeem & Hurtig, Per (2016). On the Cost of Using Happy Eyeballs for Transport Protocol Selection. Vis sammendrag
- Khademi, Naeem (2015). Reducing Latency in Internet Access Links with Mechanisms in Endpoints and within the Network. Fulltekst i vitenarkiv. Vis sammendrag
- Islam, Safiqul; Welzl, Michael; Gjessing, Stein & Khademi, Naeem (2014). Coupled Congestion Control for RTP Media. Conference proceedings (Universitetet i Oslo. Institutt for informatikk). 440. Fulltekst i vitenarkiv. Vis sammendrag
- Armitage, Grenville & Khademi, Naeem (2013). Using Delay-Gradient TCP for Multimedia-Friendly ‘Background’ Transport in Home Networks. Vis sammendrag
- Khademi, Naeem; Ros, David & Welzl, Michael (2013). The New AQM Kids on the Block: Much Ado About Nothing?. Fulltekst i vitenarkiv. Vis sammendrag
- Khademi, Naeem (2012). AP buffer sizing in IEEE 802.11 WLANs. Vis sammendrag
- Khademi, Naeem & Othman, Mohamed (2010). Least Attained Service Queue Management for ns-2 Network Simulator.
- Khademi, Naeem & Othman, Mohamed (2009). Guaranteeing Per Station and Per Flow Fairness of Downstream and Upstream Flows over IEEE 802.11 WLAN.