Robotization of business processes-adoption and scalability (Schneider Electric)
Schneider Electric Norway AS has proposed master projects that will be co-supervised by them and will involve real and challenging ICT problems in their organisation. Part of the work will be done at their offices at Ryen.
Schneider Electric Logo
Robotization of business processes -adoption and scalability
Schneider Electric has recently started a Robot Process Automation project, focusing on robotizing repetitive, simple, manual tasks.
- What are potential processes to robotize?
- What processes can be simplified and robotized?
We need to ensure adoption in the organisation, taking the human reactions in account:
- How can we introduce this positively to the organisation?
- How do we prevent a fear of losing the job?
Scope of project
- Create a template/tool/checklist to determine if a process is a candidate for robotization
- Work with the organisation to find processes with potential for robotization
- What processes need simplification to be robotized?
- Create an adoption plan
The theoretical part of this thesis will be in the development of a conceptual framework to design and implement robotic process automation. This framework will provide an analytical tool that identifies candidate processes for robotisation and presents the technical and organisational design that is needed to introduce this.
This would suit a student with a good analytical sense and an interest in the human factors of IT.