These pages contain information specific for PhD candidates at the Department of Technology Systems (ITS).
Also remember to check out the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences (MN)'s web pages for PhD candidates! Their pages will give you more information about the PhD program, which is run at the Faculty level, and has additional resources and tools for you that are useful for all PhD candidates at MN.
Important information for starting up
- The Faculty's web pages with important information and forms
Template for the project description (word.doc)
- The International Staff Mobility Office (ISMO) can help you with your relocation to Oslo/Viken
- Discussion material "kick-off conversation" with your supervisor (pdf)
- Information about Teaching Duties
Important information during your PhD
- Stress management
- The Norwegian National Ethical Guidelines for Research
- Coursework (rules and regulations)
- 3rd and 5th/7th semester evaluations
- Instructions for submission of your thesis
- Timeline for finishing your PhD
- PhD Dissertation Template at ITS
Important information after your PhD
ForVei - Broader and more personal guidance for PhD candidates at UiO
PhD on Track - Lots of practical information for PhD candidates
Ten Simple Rules from PLOS - a quick, concentrated guide for mastering some of the professional challenges research scientists face in their careers
Karriereplanleggeren - An online career planning tool from Utdanning.no (only in Norwegian)
A list of all the events for PhD candidates organized by the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences (MN).
Do you have questions about the PhD programme at the Department of Technology Systems?
Facts about the PhD programme at ITS
- 3 or 4 years full time
- 30 credits of coursework and a scientific thesis
- Finish with a Trial Lecture and Public Defense
- 9 PhD candidates have had their disputation at ITS, since 2018