Privacy labels for IoT consumer products
The Consumer Services of Norway (Forbrukerrådet) have established a report on privacy in Apps "App-Fail". In there they have found breach of privacy by apps. They identified a lack of "understandable privacy" as the main challenge.
This thesis will:
- analysis of privacy of home IoT devices
- starting from "privacy by design", and identifying input parameters for "privacy"
- Adopt the multi-metrics methodology for converting input parameters of privacy into measurable privacy
- suggestion for privacy classes, following the European energy labelling
- provide at least two usage scenarios of devices/applications, e.g. sporting device ("speedometer") or child doll
- criteria and evaluation of privacy labels
Please visit the project link and for more information or variations of the project contact one of the supervisors.
Various paths can be explored and we decide about it together with the student.
This thesis can be interacting with the ongoing project IoTSec -Security in IoT for Smart Grids.