Dag Øistein Eriksen
My main academic interest is separation science and in particular topics related to hydrometallurgy. My experience is mainly related to leaching, solvent extraction and ion-exchange. The metals I have studied are rare earth elements, in particular Sc, Gd, and Lu; Fe, Al, etc. The rocks and minerals I have leached are among others anorthosite, monasite, rødberg, eudialyte. Use of tracers, radioactive and non-radioactive, is a highly appreciated technology.
I also work on separation of stable isotopes, in particular the silicon isotopes. Then gaseous silicon is used - a gas called silane. This is a project of high relevance for the electronic industry.
Nuclear chemist from University of Oslo in 1976. Six years as research assistant including one year at CMU, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. Then eight years in hyrometallurgical industry at MEGON AS and then 15 years as senior scientist at Institute of Energy Technology including eight years as section leader at Climate Technology. since 2007 I have been running my own consultancy, Primus.inter.pares AS (www.pipas.no).
In addition to UiO, Nuclear Chemistry, I have strong collaborations with Isosilicon AS, Yara International AS, Chalmers University of Technology, and others.
- Lerum, Hans Vigeland; Andersen, Niels Højmark; Eriksen, Dag Øistein; Hansen, Eddy Walther; Petersen, Dirk; Wibetoe, Grethe & Omtvedt, Jon Petter (2018). Study of Cadmium Extraction with Aliquat 336 from Highly Saline Solutions. Journal of Solution Chemistry. ISSN 0095-9782. 47(8), s 1395- 1417 . doi: 10.1007/s10953-018-0795-z
- Bakka, Arne Olav; Eriksen, Dag Øistein; Rugstad, Hans Erik & Bauer, R (1982). Identification of cadmium binding sites within living cells by perturbed angular correlation spectroscopy. FEBS Letters. ISSN 0014-5793. 139(1), s 57- 60
- Raskovic-Lovre, Zeljka; Omtvedt, Jon Petter & Eriksen, Dag Øistein (2019). Extraction of zinc from highly saline and acidic solutions.
- Kessel, Johanne Martine Sætha; Wibetoe, Grethe & Eriksen, Dag Øistein (2018). Recovery of Zinc from Municipal Solid Waste Fly Ash. Show summary
- Lerum, Hans V.; Sand, Svetlana; Eriksen, Dag Øistein; Hansen, Eddy Walther; Wibetoe, Grethe & Omtvedt, Jon Petter (2018). Determination of Distribution Ratios in Liquid-liquid Extraction of Hydrometallurgical Process Solutions using ICP-MS and Radiotracer Techniques.
- Bjørnstad, Tor; Stavsetra, Liv; Krivokapic, Alexander; Eriksen, Dag Øistein & Vascon, Alessio (2017). Hydrometallurgy in mineral mining and urban mining.
- Lerum, Hans Vigeland; Bouzga, Aud Mjærum; Jørgensen, Sissel; Petersen, Dirk; Eriksen, Dag Øistein; Hansen, Eddy Walther; Omtvedt, Jon Petter & Wibetoe, Grethe (2016). LIQUID-LIQUID EXTRACTION OF CADMIUM CHLORIDE COMPLEXES STUDIED BY NMR.
- Lerum, Hans Vigeland; Bouzga, Aud Mjærum; Jørgensen, Sissel; Petersen, Dirk; Eriksen, Dag Øistein; Hansen, Eddy Walther; Omtvedt, Jon Petter & Wibetoe, Grethe (2016). Study of cadmium extraction from aqueous solutions with high chloride concentration using radiotracer and NMR.
- Kristiansen, Håvard; Omtvedt, Jon Petter & Eriksen, Dag Øistein (2015). Radiochemical analysis of cadmium in nitric and phosphoric acid. Show summary