- Mechanistic studies of novel catalyst systems with advanced catalytic testing.
- Single- and multi-component sorption studies on Zeolites and MOF systems.
- Structural Study of Microporous Zeolites Deactivation Mechanism with multiple in-situ techniques.
- Understanding Catalyst Performance and Long-term Stability under Reactive MTO Conditions.
- Advanced sorption studies on porous frameworks
- Synchrotron Science and Instrumentation.
Background & Experience
2018 – present: Senior Engineer / Researcher, Chemistry Department, Catalysis Group, University of Oslo, Norway.
- Catalytic Test Labs Manager
- GC, GC/MS instrument scientist
- Sorption apparatus instrument scientist
2015 – 2017: Post-Doctoral Researcher, Chemistry Department, Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology (SMN), University of Oslo, Norway.
- ESS & MAX IV Interreg: Real-Time Evolution of SAPO Catalysts’ Local Coordination during Hydrothermal Treatment
- CATLIFE: CATalyst transformation and LIFEtime by in-situ techniques and modelling.
- iSEWGS: Innovative sorbents for the Sorbent-Enhanced Water-Gas Shift process.
- TGA/DSC Instrument Responsible.
2014 – 2015: Post-Doctoral Researcher, Environmental Technology Department, Institute for Energy Technology (IFE), Norway.
- Combined Sorbent-Catalyst Materials Development and testing for Sorption-Enhanced Reforming.
- CO2 Capture & Hydrogen Production lab responsible. TGA and XRD Instrument Responsible.
- Employed in the E.U. Joint Industry Project ASCENT.
2010 – 2013: Post-Doctoral Fellow, Physics Department, Institute for Energy Technology (IFE), Norway.
- Solid State Hydrogen Storage Materials.
- CO2 Sequestration of Clays studied with SANS and Sieverts apparatus.
- Tuning of Thermodynamics & Kinetics of intermetallics and complex hydrogen storage materials.
- Instrument Scientist (3 Sieverts Apparata (pcT)).
- Employed in the E.U. Joint Industry Project SSH2S.
2010: Post-Doctoral Fellow, Methane & CO2 Storage in Porous Media, University of Calabria, Italy.
2009: Visiting Researcher, Dr. Michael Hirscher’s group, Advanced Porous Materials, Max Planck Institute for Metals Research, Stuttgart, Germany.
2006 – 2009: Ph.D in Energy Storage Porous Materials, University of Calabria, Italy / Max Planck Institute, Germany.
2000 – 2006: BSc & MSc in Materials Science Engineering, Greece.
- Reviewer for International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Elsevier (13 full-paper and 2 review-paper contributions).
- Reviewer for Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, RSC Publishing (2 full-paper contributions).
- Reviewer for Ecotoxicology & Environmental Safety, Elsevier (3 full-paper).
- Reviewer for Rare Metals, Wiley (2 full-paper).
- Reviewer for Applied Catalysis: A, Elsevier (1 full-paper).
- Reviewer for Topics in Catalysis (1-full paper).
- Reviewer for Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry (1 full-paper).
- Contributor to E.U. and Research Council of Norway (RCN) research proposals.
- Member of the Norwegian Neutron Scattering Association (NoNSA).
- Member of the Executive Committee of UiODoc, University of Oslo (2015 - 2017).
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, International Journal Hydrogen Energy, Elsevier, 2015.
- Recognized Reviewer Awards, Elsevier, 2015 - 2016.
- 1 Award for Presentation and Dissemination Skills in International Conference, 2012.
- Dr. Magnus H.Sørby, Institute for Energy Technology, Norway.
- Dr. Kenneth D. Knudsen, Institute for Energy Technology, Norway.
- Prof. Marcello Baricco, University of Torino, Italy.
- Dr. Bjørnar Arstad, SINTEF Materials and Chemistry, Oslo, Norway.
- Dr. Richard Blom, SINTEF Materials and Chemistry, Oslo, Norway.
- Dr. Paul Cobden, Energy Research Centre of the Nederlands (ECN), Netherlands.
- Prof. Martin Attfield, School of Chemistry, The University of Manchester, UK.
- Dr. Wojciech A. Slawinski, ISIS Neutron Source, UK.
- Prof. Jon Otto Fossum, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway.
- Dr. Michael Hirscher, Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Stuttgart, Germany.