Thomas Nordbø Solvi
Organic chemical synthesis and structural elucidation using modern spectroscopic techniques, most importantly NMR spectroscopy.
For my PhD degree (started Aug. 2020), I am working in the group of Assoc.Prof. Alexander Sandtorv, investigating new ways of derivatizing the hydantoin heterocycle -- a biologically active species, interesting for development of medicinal agents.
- KJ1020 (NTNU), Organic Chemistry, laboratory assistant
- KJM1111 (UiO), Organic Chemistry I, laboratory supervisor
For my MSc degree, I worked in the group of Prof. Anne Fiksdahl at NTNU (Trondheim, Norway), working with Au(III) as a catalyst for organic reactions. The work consisted of synthesis of chiral ligands, attempting coordination to Au(III), confirming such coordination by various methods (IR, HRMS, NMR, XRD), and scoping for catalytic activity and enantioselectivity of such organogold complexes.
For my BSc degree, I did a literary review of protecting groups utilized for derivatization of glucose. Assoc.Prof. Nebojsa Simic served as supervisor (NTNU).
- Best Master of Science at the faculty of natural sciences (NV), NTNU, 2020
- Holta, Ann Christin Reiersølmoen; Solvi, Thomas Nordbø & Fiksdahl, Anne (2021). Au(III) complexes with tetradentate-cyclam-based ligands. Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry. ISSN 2195-951X. 17, s 186- 192 . doi: 10.3762/bjoc.17.18
- Solvi, Thomas Nordbø; Holta, Ann Christin Reiersølmoen; Orthaber, Andreas & Fiksdahl, Anne (2020). Studies towards Pyridine-Based N,N,O-Gold(III) Complexes: Synthesis, Characterization and Application. European Journal of Organic Chemistry. ISSN 1434-193X. 2020(45), s 7062- 7068 . doi: 10.1002/ejoc.202001138