Are you our next international buddy coordinator?
Are you an enthusiastic student who value a positive learning environment? Would you like to give new international students their best possible start at our faculty? Are you proud of the student activities and culture at MN? We are looking for you.
Buddy Coordinator for International Buddies
The coordinator will be given a contract, where the work hours are 7% of a full-time position in "lønnstrinn" 40, approximately 2000 NOK each month.
The engagement starts as soon as possible after 01.10.2017 and lasts until 01.10.2018.
The coordinator will be given a thorough training.
We would like to increase the focus on acitivities for new international students, in regards to a positive starting point, as well as good integration with Norwegian and other students later on. The coordinator for international buddies at MN is the link between the Faculty administration and the international buddies.
This spring the main tasks are:
- Recruit enough buddies to new international students in January 2018, as well as in August 2018.
- Plan and execute kick-off meeting with the buddies in beginning of January and August, and ensure good communication with all the involved
- Participate in the UiO seminar for buddy coordinators (February) as well as the network for buddy coordinators at UiO.
- Plan and execute the social arrangements for new international students in January and August.
- Help us recruit a new coordinator for next year, and contribute to training.
Who are we looking for?
- You are a student at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- You are an independent and efficient worker
- You have the ability to network with others and create enthusiasm for the project
- You are both determined and creative
- You are available for a lot of work in November and May, and you must be available in week 1 and 2, as well as 32 and 33 in 2018.
- You would like to take welcoming international students "to the next level", making it a great experience for all
Experience from student volunteer work is an advantage.
How to apply
Send an application with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (staff, international coordinator at MN)
Application deadline: 2 October 2017.
Interviews will be held in week 40.
International coordinator MN, Anne Aaen-Stockdale.