Main topics: integer programming and combinatorial optimization, both theory and applications.
Main applications : transportation (scheduling, timetabling) and telecommunication (frequency assignment, network planning)
Since 2012 I am senior scientist at SINTEF Digital, Mathematics and Cybernetics department, optimization group. I am qualified fulll professor in Italy until 2024 and until 2015 I was associate professor of Operations Research at the university of Rome.
- INFORMS TST Best Paper Award 2014, assigned by the Telecommunication section of the American Institute of Operations Research and
- AIRO Best Application Paper Award 2014, assigned by the Italian Society of Operational Research.
- EURO Excellence in Practice Award 2009, assigned by the Association of European Societies of Operational Research (EURO).
- Second Classied to the 2012 RAS Problem Solving Competition, issued by the Railway section of the INFORMS.
- Finalist to the EURO Excellence in Practice Award 2006.
- SESAR Outstanding Project Award 2016
- I am associate editor of Operations Research and of Telecommunication Systems
Courses taught in different universities:
- University of Rome La Sapienza: Combinatorial Optimization, Operations Research, Network models and algorithms, Logistics Models and Algorithms, Optimization Techniques in Project Scheduling, Integer Programming Models for Telecommunication Systems, Economic Engineering, Fundamentals of Computing
- University of Oslo: Mathematical Optimization