PhD candidate in the Operator Algebras group at UiO, supervised by Makoto Yamashita. My thesis has been approved for defense, which will take place on the 27th and 28th of June.
I am a member of the organizing committee for the 2022 edition of YMC*A. The website is here.
I like to be somewhat aware of what my colleagues are working on, so together with Emilie Elkiær I organize a monthly seminar for young researchers at the department where we give short and accessible expository talks. You can sign up for the mailing list here.
Generally I am interested in (noncommutative) mathematics inspired by quantum theory.
At the moment I work mainly on von Neumann algebras coming from compact quantum groups. For example, it is interesting to try and distinguish these from von Neumann algebras coming from 'genuine' groups, through strong 1-boundedness for instance.
Another project I've worked on is to search for clues in Poisson–Lie theory on how to quantize real simple Lie groups.
Papers & Preprints
- (28/03/2022) "Poisson–Lie Group Structures on Semidirect Products", with Makoto Yamashita (link).
- (09/02/2022) "Crossed Product Equivalence of Quantum Automorphism Groups", with Michael Brannan, Samuel Harris, and Makoto Yamashita (link).
- "Strong 1-Boundedness of Unimodular Orthogonal Free Quantum Groups". Infin. Dimens. Anal. Quantum Probab. Relat. Top. Vol. 24, No. 02 (2021). Doi: 10.1142/S0219025721500120. (Preprint)
My background is in pure mathematics as well as theoretical (condensed matter) physics.
- MSc: double Masters in Mathematical Sciences and Theoretical Physics, obtained 2019 in Utrecht (Honours programme, cum laude)
- BSc: double Bachelors in Mathematics and Physics & Astronomy, obtained 2016 in Utrecht, (EMMEPH award for best physics Bachelor thesis prize, cum laude)
- (22/11/21) Quantum Groups Seminar: Strongly 1-Bounded Quantum Group von Neumann Algebras
- (25/11/21) Danish-Norwegian Operator Algebra Meeting: Strongly 1-Bounded Quantum Group von Neumann Algebras
- (20/10/20) TU Delft Analysis Seminar: Free Orthogonal Quantum Groups and Strong 1-Boundedness
- (16/09/20) Japan Functional Analysis Junior Meeting 2020 Online: Free Orthogonal Quantum Groups and Strong 1-Boundedness
- (20/07/20) UC Berkeley Probabilistic Operator Algebra Seminar: Free Orthogonal Quantum Groups and Strong 1-Boundedness
- (14/07/20) Groups, Operators, and Banach Algebras Webinar: Free Orthogonal Quantum Groups and Strong 1-Boundedness