PhD candidate in the Operator Algebras group at UiO, supervised by Makoto Yamashita. Thesis expected in the summer of 2022.
Generally I am interested in (noncommutative) mathematics inspired by quantum theory.
At the moment I work mainly on von Neumann algebras coming from (locally) compact quantum groups. For example, it is interesting to try and distinguish these from von Neumann algebras coming from 'genuine' groups, through strong 1-boundedness for instance.
I also like to be somewhat aware of what my colleagues are working on, so I organize a biweekly seminar for temporary employees in analysis at UiO where we give short and accessible expository talks.
Papers & Preprints
- "Strong 1-Boundedness of Unimodular Orthogonal Free Quantum Groups". Infin. Dimens. Anal. Quantum Probab. Relat. Top. Vol. 24, No. 02 (2021). Doi: 10.1142/S0219025721500120. (Preprint)
My background is in pure mathematics as well as theoretical (condensed matter) physics.
- MSc: double Masters in Mathematical Sciences and Theoretical Physics, obtained 2019 in Utrecht (Honours programme, cum laude)
- BSc: double Bachelors in Mathematics and Physics & Astronomy, obtained 2016 in Utrecht, (EMMEPH award for best physics Bachelor thesis prize, cum laude)
- (22/11/21) Quantum Groups Seminar: Strongly 1-Bounded Quantum Group von Neumann Algebras
- (25/11/21) Danish-Norwegian Operator Algebra Meeting: Strongly 1-Bounded Quantum Group von Neumann Algebras
- (20/10/20) TU Delft Analysis Seminar: Free Orthogonal Quantum Groups and Strong 1-Boundedness
- (16/09/20) Japan Functional Analysis Junior Meeting 2020 Online: Free Orthogonal Quantum Groups and Strong 1-Boundedness
- (20/07/20) UC Berkeley Probabilistic Operator Algebra Seminar: Free Orthogonal Quantum Groups and Strong 1-Boundedness
- (14/07/20) Groups, Operators, and Banach Algebras Webinar: Free Orthogonal Quantum Groups and Strong 1-Boundedness