Floris Eelke Elzinga
PhD candidate in the Operator Algebras group at UiO, supervised by Makoto Yamashita. Thesis expected in the summer of 2022.
Generally I am interested in (noncommutative) mathematics inspired by quantum theory.
More practically, at the moment I am interested in the theory of von Neumann algebras, (locally compact) quantum groups, and their interactions (especially approximation properties).
I also like to be somewhat aware of what my colleagues are working on, so I organize a biweekly seminar for temporary employees in analysis at UiO where we give short and accessible expository talks.
Papers & Preprints
- "Strong 1-Boundedness of Unimodular Orthogonal Free Quantum Groups". Infin. Dimens. Anal. Quantum Probab. Relat. Top. Vol. 24, No. 02 (2021). Doi: 10.1142/S0219025721500120. (Preprint)
My background is in pure mathematics as well as theoretical (condensed matter) physics.
- MSc: double Masters in Mathematical Sciences and Theoretical Physics, obtained 2019 in Utrecht (Honours programme, cum laude)
- BSc: double Bachelors in Mathematics and Physics & Astronomy, obtained 2016 in Utrecht, (EMMEPH award for best physics Bachelor thesis prize, cum laude)
- (20/10/20) TU Delft Analysis Seminar: Free Orthogonal Quantum Groups and Strong 1-Boundedness
- (16/09/20) Japan Functional Analysis Junior Meeting 2020 Online: Free Orthogonal Quantum Groups and Strong 1-Boundedness
- (20/07/20) UC Berkeley Probabilistic Operator Algebra Seminar: Free Orthogonal Quantum Groups and Strong 1-Boundedness
- (14/07/20) Groups, Operators, and Banach Algebras Webinar: Free Orthogonal Quantum Groups and Strong 1-Boundedness