Due to COVID 19 restrictions, I am only present at the office Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Inverse problems, compressive imaging, wavelets, deep learning, neural networks.
For more information see my webpage (currently this is down, hope to fix it soon).
- V. Antun, F. Renna, C. Poon, B. Adcock, A. C. Hansen. On instabilities of deep learning in image reconstruction and the potential costs of AI. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 2020. [arXiv]. In the news: [titan.uio.no], [datatech], [dagensmedisin], [Teknisk ukeblad] [digi], [Physics World], [Health Care Business], [Radiology Business], [The Register], [Science daily], [Psychology Today], [Government Computing], [Diagnostic Imaging], [News Medical], [Press Release Point], [Tech Xplore], [Aunt Minnie], [My Science], [Digit], [The Talking Machines], [MC.AI], [Rama on Healthcare], [News8PLus], [Healthcare in Europe], [AuntminnieEurope], [AI Development Hub], [FirstWord MedTech], [AI daily], [Cam. Univ. News].
- N. Gottschling, V. Antun, B. Adcock, A. C. Hansen. The troublesome kernel: why deep learning for inverse problems is typically unstable, [arXiv].
- V. Antun, Ø. Ryan. On the unification of schemes for wavelets on the interval [Preprint] [Technical report]
- L. Thesing, V. Antun, A. C. Hansen. What do AI algorithms actually learn? - On false structures in deep learning, [arXiv].
- B. Adcock, V. Antun, A. C. Hansen. Uniform recovery in infinite-dimensional compressed sensing and applications to structured binary sampling, [arXiv].
Refereed Conference Articles
- M. Colbrook, V. Antun, A. C. Hansen. On the existence of stable and accurate neural networks for image reconstruction, Signal Processing with Adaptive Sparse Structured
Representations (SPARS), 2019, [PDF].
- V. Antun. Stability and accuracy in compressive sensing and deep learning [pdf].
Slides from selected talks
- How intelligent is artificial intelligence ? - On the surprising and mysterious secrets of deep learning (23. May 2019) link.
- Autumn 2020: Teaching assistant in MAT3110 – Introduction to Numerical Analysis
- Autumn 2019: Lecturing MAT-INF 1100 – Modelling and computations
- Autumn 2016-1018: Plenary exercises in MAT-INF 1100 – Modelling and computations
- Spring 2017: Teaching assistant in MAT-INF 2360 - Applications of linear algebra