Due to COVID 19 restrictions, I am only present at the office Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Inverse problems, compressive imaging, wavelets, deep learning, neural networks.
For more information see my webpage.
- B. Adcock, V. Antun, A. C. Hansen. Uniform recovery in infinite-dimensional compressed sensing and applications to structured binary sampling. Appl. Comput.
Harmon. Anal. 2021. (to appear) [arXiv].
- V. Antun, N. M. Gottschling, B. Adcock and A. C. Hansen. Deep Learning in Scientific Computing: Understanding the Instability Mystery. SIAM News, 2021.
- V. Antun, F. Renna, C. Poon, B. Adcock, A. C. Hansen. On instabilities of deep learning in image reconstruction and the potential costs of AI. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 2020. [arXiv]. In the news: [titan.uio.no], [datatech], [dagensmedisin], [Teknisk ukeblad] [digi], [Physics World], [Health Care Business], [Radiology Business], [The Register], [Science daily], [Psychology Today], [Government Computing], [Diagnostic Imaging], [News Medical], [Press Release Point], [Tech Xplore], [Aunt Minnie], [My Science], [Digit], [The Talking Machines], [MC.AI], [Rama on Healthcare], [News8PLus], [Healthcare in Europe], [AuntminnieEurope], [AI Development Hub], [FirstWord MedTech], [AI daily], [Cam. Univ. News].
- M. Colbrook, V. Antun, A. C. Hansen. Can stable and accurate neural networks be computed? - On the barriers of deep learning and Smale's 18th problem, [arXiv].
- N. Gottschling, V. Antun, B. Adcock, A. C. Hansen. The troublesome kernel: why deep learning for inverse problems is typically unstable, [arXiv].
- V. Antun, Ø. Ryan. On the unification of schemes for wavelets on the interval [Preprint] [Technical report]
- L. Thesing, V. Antun, A. C. Hansen. What do AI algorithms actually learn? - On false structures in deep learning, [arXiv].
Refereed Conference Articles
- M. Colbrook, V. Antun, A. C. Hansen. On the existence of stable and accurate neural networks for image reconstruction, Signal Processing with Adaptive Sparse Structured
Representations (SPARS), 2019, [PDF].
- V. Antun. Stability and accuracy in compressive sensing and deep learning [pdf].
Slides from selected talks
- How intelligent is artificial intelligence ? - On the surprising and mysterious secrets of deep learning (23. May 2019) link.
- Autumn 2020: Teaching assistant in MAT3110 – Introduction to Numerical Analysis
- Autumn 2019: Lecturing MAT-INF 1100 – Modelling and computations
- Autumn 2016-1018: Plenary exercises in MAT-INF 1100 – Modelling and computations
- Spring 2017: Teaching assistant in MAT-INF 2360 - Applications of linear algebra