SMN has several lab facilities at its disposal. All of these are provided with state-of-the-art scientific equipment, and each facility provides highly competent technical personel.
The five most important lab facilities are listed here:
- Transmission Electron Microscopy - TEM lab (Department of Physics)
- Scanning Electron Microscope - SEM Lab (Department of Chemistry)
- XPS / UPS (Department of Chemistry)
- XRD lab (Department of Chemistry)
- Microsystems and nanotechnology - MiNaLab (Department of Physics)
The MiNaLab is also involved in the Norwegian Micro- and NanoFabrication Facility (NorFab). This is a national network that aims at providing access to cleanroom laboratories in order to facilitate micro- and nanotechnology research in Norway. See the NorFab webpage for more information.