UiO participates in the FME BIGCCS led by Sintef Energy and Materials.
The research task UiO participates in focuses on the development of dense inorganic membranes to be integrated in pre-combustion decarbonisation and oxy-fuel power generation cycles for CO2 capture.
The main objective of the BIGCCS Centre is to contribute to the ambitious targets in the Climate agreement in the Norwegian parliament in February 2008. Hence, provide additionality through promoting CCS.
The BIGCCS Centre will enable sustainable power generation from fossil fuels based on cost-effective CO2 capture, and safe transport and underground storage of CO2.
This will be achieved by building expertise and closing critical knowledge gaps of the CO2 chain, and developing novel technologies in an extensive collaborative research effort.
The project is funded by the Research Council of Norway, FME BIGCCS, project number 460969.
The FME BIGCCS is led by Sintef Energy Research and is a collaboration between a number of partners in research and industry:
- Alstom (Switzerland) Ltd
- Aker Clean Carbon AS
- BGS - Natural Environment Research council
- CICERO - Center for International Climate and Environmental Research - Oslo
- ConocoPhilips Scandinavia AS
- Det Norske Veritas AS
- Deutsche Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.
- Gassco AS
- GEUS - Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland
- Hydro Aluminium AS
- Norge geologiske undersøkelse (NGU)
- Norges Teknisk-Naturvitenskapelige Universitet (NTNU)
- NTNU Samfunnsforskning AS
- Sintef Petroleumsforskning AS
- Statkraft Development AS
- Shell Technology Norway AS
- StatoilHydro Petroleum AS
- Stiftelsen SINTEF
- TOTAL E&P Norge AS
- TU München by Lehrstuhl für Thermodynamik