Michael S. Floater
Geometric modelling, approximation theory, and numerical analysis.
My main research in recent years has been focused on numerical methods for interpolation and approximation. Such methods include data-fitting with polynomials, piecewise polynomials (splines), and rational functions, and the use of recursive subdivision, parameterization, and GBC's. I am on the editorial boards of CAGD, BIT Numerical mathematics, and CALCOLO.
- Introduction to numerical analysis
- (Previous) introduction to numerical analysis
- Linear Optimization
- Spline methods
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- Topics in Geometric Modelling
- Numerical analysis
- Differential equations and optimal control theory
- Nasjonalt Matematikermøte i Bergen, 13-14 Sept 2018