A culture for teaching and learning
Successful changes and improvements in student learning depends on strong learning environments and culture for excellence in teaching.
To contribute to build a culture for teaching and learning the centre is:
- developing a school-university transition program and investigate its effects on recruitment, retention, and results
- improving student culture through student spaces, mentor programs and startup seminars
- developing teacher culture through annual teacher retreat, teaching in teams, workshops and seminars with focus on teaching, and learning and curriculum development
- developing quality systems and student evaluation methods to enhance constructive alignment and ensure quality development through systematic feedback and improvement
- promoting teaching skills renewal through pedagogical courses, educational sabbaticals, and career goals for teaching proficiency and excellence