Research-based development of methods and approaches
There has been significant progress in our understanding of how to develop effective, students-active teaching environments that are being implemented into basic science education.
However, our understanding of how to develop effective methods and approaches to integrate computing into science curriculum is less developed. Also, the integration of computing opens for creative, collaborative and project-driven learning approaches where students address realistic and research-near problems early on, but methods and approaches to ensure this is done in effective ways are sparsely developed.
The centre is therefore:
- developing, applying and evaluating traditional and new learning methods in CSE courses with particular focus on student-active learning
- developing and testing research- and industry-near CSE cases in collaboration with stakeholders
- developing and studying methods for assessing student work and collecting data for CSE courses
- developing and testing methods that use innovative digital and physical learning environments
- developing, testing and evaluating study programs and courses; A2.6: Appoint a senior researcher to form a basis for the research activity and a conduit for transformative ideas