I am a laser physicist. My interest is in experimental atomic and molecular optics (AMO). I am currently involved in the positronium activities of the AEgIS collaboration located at the antiproton decelerator at CERN. The goal of AEgIS is to study the effect of the Earth's gravitational field on antihydrogen using antimatter wave interferometry.
I graduated my PhD from Paris Sud XI University in the attosecond physics group of SPAM (IRAMIS/CEA-Saclay) under the supervision of Pascal Salières and Thierry Ruchon. During my PhD, I introduced the use of Diffractive Optical Elements to shape femtosecond pulses and realize a simple, robust and very stable XUV interferometer. I used this interferometer to study electronic dynamics in aligned molecules with attosecond time resolution and Angstrom spatial resolution.
After my PhD, I joined the DiMauro-Agostini group at the Ohio University University (Columbus, OH) for a 3 years postdoctoral stay. There I took part in mid-infra red driven high-order harmonic generation for in-situ molecular spectroscopy. I was given the opportunity to continue my own research line on Diffractive Optical Elements for shaping mid-infrared femtosecond pulses. I initiated collaborations with other groups to study Fano resonances in Neon, generate femtosecond beams carrying OAM (Orbital Angular Momentum) from Difference Frequency Generation and the transfer of OAM during High-order Harmonic Generation. Finally, I was invited to contribute to a time-resolved Auger decay experiment at SLAC using the X ray Free Electron Laser LCLS facility.
At the end of my postdoctoral stay in the US, I was awarded a 3 years COFUND fellowship from CERN and the Marie Curie 2020 actions program. I chose to join the AEgIS collaboration based at the antiproton decelerator. There I took part in the antihydrogen production runs of 2017 and 2018. In AEgIS, a charge exchange mechanism is used to produce antihydrogen. It consists in transferring a positron from a Rydberg state positronium to an antiproton. Nanosecond lasers are used to populate the positronium Rydberg states. I took part in experimental efforts related to the development of a position sensitive imaging of positronium atoms and to the production of a metastable 23S beam of positronium.
- EDOM PhD award.
- Nov. 2019 - Apr. 2020: visiting scholar, UiO
- May 2017 - Oct. 2019: COFUND fellow, CERN
- Feb. 2014 - April. 2017: postdoctoral stay, OSU
- Sept. 2020 - Jan.2014: PhD, CEA-Saclay
- Camper, Antoine; Røhne, Ole Myren & Sandaker, Heidi (2021). Pulsed production of antihydrogen. Communications Physics. ISSN 2399-3650. . doi: 10.1038/s42005-020-00494-z
- Amsler, Claude; Antonello, Massimiliano; Belov, A.; Bonomi, G.; Brusa, Roberto S.; Caccia, Massimo; Camper, Antoine; Caravita, Ruggero; Castelli, Fabrizio; Comparat, Daniel; Consolati, Giovanni; Demetrio, Andrea; Di Noto, Lea; Doser, Michael; Ekman, P.A.; Fanì, Mattia; Ferragut, Rafael; Gerber, Sebastian; Giammarchi, Marco; Gligorova, Angela; Guatieri, Francesco; Hackstock, Philip; Haider, D.; Haider, Stefan; Hinterberger, Alexander; Kellerbauer, Alban; Khalidova, Olga; Krasnický, Daniel; Lagomarsino, Vittorio; Malbrunot, Chloe; Mariazzi, Sebastiano; Matveev, Victor; Müller, Simon R.; Nebbia, Giancarlo; Nedelec, Patrick; Nowak, L.; Oberthaler, Marcus; Oswald, E.; Pagano, Davide; Penasa, Luca; Petracek, Vojtech; Prelz, Francesco; Prevedelli, M.; Rienaecker, Benjamin; Robert, Jacques; Røhne, Ole Myren; Rotondi, Alberto; Sandaker, Heidi; Santoro, R.; Storey, James; Testera, Gemma; Tietje, I.C.; Toso, V.; Wolz, T.; Wuethrich, J.; Yzombard, Pauline; Zimmer, Christian & Zurlo, Nicola (2020). A cryogenic tracking detector for antihydrogen detection in the AEgIS experiment. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A : Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment. ISSN 0168-9002. 960 . doi: 10.1016/j.nima.2020.163637
- Antonello, M; Belov, A; Bonomi, G; Brusa, Roberto Sennen; Caccia, M; Camper, Antoine; Caravita, Ruggero; Castelli, F; Comparat, D; Consolati, G; Di Noto, L; Doser, Michael; Fanì, M; Ferragut, R; Fesel, J; Gerber, S; Gligorova, A; Glöggler, L.T.; Guatieri, F; Haider, S; Hinterberger, A; Khalidova, O; Krasnický, D; Lagomarsino, V; Malbrunot, C; Mariazzi, Sebastiano; Matveev, V; Müller, SR; Nebbia, G; Nedelec, P; Nowak, L.; Oberthaler, M; Oswald, E.; Pagano, D; Penasa, L; Petracek, V; Prelz, F; Rienaecker, Benjamin; Røhne, Ole Myren; Rotondi, A; Sandaker, Heidi; Santoro, R; Testera, G; Tietje, I.C.; Wolz, T; Zimmer, Christian & Zurlo, N (2020). Rydberg-positronium velocity and self-ionization studies in a 1T magnetic field and cryogenic environment. Physical Review A (PRA). ISSN 2469-9926. 102(1) . doi: 10.1103/PhysRevA.102.013101